Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cutting Room!

+5
Delayne
Meleenium
CFW
Alisassy
Kagami-X
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Cutting Room! Empty The Cutting Room!

Post by Kagami-X January 5th 2012, 11:43 pm

So me, lalala Sasquatch and Whoreface were talking on msn because we're fierce and nerdy all at once and Whore decided that 30 was a great roster size for a fighting game, not too big, not too small. That then got us trying to decide who we would cut from Tekken.

The aim of this thread is to create a Tekken Roster in the image of God.... Or Whore? Whore is a god, sop God must be a whore right?... You have thirty slots on your brand new character select screen and the music producer is giving you previews of the awesome tune he wants you to put in the background. Who do you choose to put in this new Tekken?

At first we were just trying to cut characters we didn't like, but we then started trying to get rid of characters that don't make sense. So keep story in mind too.

Okay... 1-30. GO!!

Whoop for my use of bold and itallics!

(I couldn't decide the most appropriate place for this thread, so just dropped it in the general general area. Feel free to move :])
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

The Cutting Room! Empty Re: The Cutting Room!

Post by Alisassy January 5th 2012, 11:59 pm

Since story plays a part of this, these need to go asap.

Jinpachi, Ogre and Jun. Jinpachi is dead, Ogre may as well be dead and Jun needs to stay missin. I'm actually on the fence about her since i love the moveset and she can spice up the story a little. But we all saw the mess that was T6. Namco can never.

Wang needs to go, he's gettin too old. I see Leo as the unofficial replacement for him, and theres always Julia for his players to move over too. Baek needs to go as well. He just needs to, idk wai.

Armor King needs to cartwheel out of existance again. I no he was probably brought back for this whole "bring back movesets" thing namco had going on with T5 but just no. He was a bit pointless. If you want to be King and u want to have power in ur attacks, its called Marduk. Oh, i want him gone too phone

Christie or Eddy need to samba outta my life since they refuse to differ from each other. Not here for them.

Bruce never had a purpose in life. Leave.

Bob is a fat mess and no one should be here for him. He got fat, he entered T6 to proove he was strong. It worked or it didn't. Either way he shouldn't return. Make a kangaroo burger out of Roger Jr, poop him out and flush him away before u leave.

And its about time we say goodbye to Heihachi as well. You should've died in T5 like you were supposed to.

Lastly, i'd throw Mokujin in a fire but i'd bring back Combot.

Thats me done for now, idk if i took away enough people to make 30 but yeah. I'll be back though phone
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X January 6th 2012, 12:07 am

I'll choose for you on the Chreddy front... Bye bye Christie. Stop slapping a bitch.
Or we could.... No I'm on the floor... Have... Disco time with Tiger, it could be a whole new game. Screw Tekken. Let's just all go play Tiger Disco Super Mega Heatwave Fever.

I'm gonna add Bryan to your list... Like what even is he? Like if he's going to be a an unstoppable man with no morality let's see him actually do something. That's my problem with most of the cast though to be honest.

Most have a potential but Bamco don't exploit that potential because everything is focused on the Mishima story, which even that isn't that great. Inevetiably Jin will kick the bucket at some point. That's even his own goal. I'd happily hand him the noose. I could tie it if his hands are shaking.
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 6th 2012, 12:13 am

Jin won't suicide until he kills Kazuya and Heihachi. Its only taken him 4 games to get nowhere, give him time. phone

And even if he manages it, he'll just rape xiao and start it all over again. Xiao probvs being the new Jun so she'll have to disappear but will miracously gain a massive fanbase for her oscar worthy story.

Zaffy needs to go as well, just remembered. Azazel is dead, she has no purpose now.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 6th 2012, 12:27 am

These can stay:

1. Kazuya
2. Jin
3. Jun
4. Anna
5. Nina
6. Zafina
5. Xiaoyu
6. Lee
7. Leo
8. Dragunov
9. Kuma
10. Panda
11. Eddy
12. Lei
13. Steve
14. Alisa
15. Bruce
16. Devil Jin
17. Hwoarang
18. Paul
19. Miguel
20. Heihachi
21. Michelle*
22. Lars
23. Bryan
24. Yoshimitsu
25. Bob
26. Raven
27. marduck
28. Armor King
29. Kunimitsu
30. Jack-#

I tried to keep story relevance and variety in mind.

*Michelle had more relevance to the story than Julia ever would.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 6th 2012, 12:37 am

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:

Zaffy needs to go as well, just remembered. Azazel is dead, she has no purpose now.

The Cutting Room! Tumblr_lpwmyi58gl1qdpjw9

And a Kazama who replaced another and has a rivalry that has nothing to do with her bloodline doesn't need to go. At least Zafina can take the Julia route. The Cutting Room! 3192638506

Don't like this thread. I thought we were all passed this character reducing mess from TN. Anyone participating in this is being a debbie and needs to go themselves, and take their favorite character with them.

The Cutting Room! 2928216888
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 6th 2012, 12:55 am

No u messy baby. We don't want the roster reduced, we were just talkin about it on msn and it was "if u had to reduce the roster, who would u get rid of?". We made this thread under the idea that TWL as a whole will decide the remaining 30.

And bitch please, Asuka had relevence. He T6 story is about her setting off to fight Jin and stop him. Lili wasn't even mentioned, until her ending... Lili ruined Asuka's story, not the other way round. Xiao pretty much set off to do the same thing as Asuka and once again, she never.
Asuka has had decent storys in her games, just bad endings, and i'll let her away with her T5 ending since her story actually wraps up her reason for enterin at the round 4 sub boss. T6 ruined everybody. Like 3 characters had an ending that was relevant to their story.

And what is this Julia route? Get a whole new story? If thats the case, obviously everyone can go do that...

@CFW
Armor King over King?? Really? Where's Law? Tekken icon here.

And don't u dare put that fat lump Bob in while taking out Asuka.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 6th 2012, 1:09 am

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:No u messy baby. We don't want the roster reduced, we were just talkin about it on msn and it was "if u had to reduce the roster, who would u get rid of?"

Still has debbie written all over it. Not here for it.

Her T6 story is about her setting off to fight Jin and stop him.

So was practically everyone else's and their baby's dog, in one way or another.... including Zafina. In fact, her story, more specifically, is stopping two evil stars(Kazuya and Jin) from clashing rather than stopping Azazel directly. And she has a lot of important affiliations like Raven, Lars etc...

Lili ruined Asuka's story, not the other way round.

Exactly. I wouldn't mention Asuka if she ruined someone else's story but hers was still fine. The Cutting Room! 2831247098

And what is this Julia route? Get a whole new story? If thats the case, obviously everyone can go do that...

Julia's stories are always either similar or they just fit her personality. In fact, getting a new story is better than some flop character who never fulfills the same story they have through multiple games. Obviously, everyone can go do that... Those kind of characters need to go.... if anything. The Cutting Room! 3192638506
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 6th 2012, 1:20 am

1. Kazuya Mishima
2. Heihachi Mishima
3. Jun Kazama
4. Yoshimitsu
5. Nina Williams
6. Marshall Law
7. Paul Phoenix
8. Jack-7
9. King II
10. Michelle Chang
11. Lei Wulong
12. Anna Williams
13. Ling Xiaoyu
14. Christie Monteiro
15. Hwoarang
16. Jaycee
17. Lili Rochefort
18. Asuka Kazama
19. Kuma/Panda
20. Jin Kazama
21. Leo Kliesen
22. Miguel Caballero Rojo
23. Alisa Bosconovitch
24. Steve Fox
25. Lee Chaolan
26. Raven
27. Sergei Dragunov
28. Bryan Fury
29. Lars Alexandersson
30. True Ogre

Michelle comes back because I believe she's still relevant, now with Ogre coming back in Tag 2 (and this roster for me.) I believe in the original roster being in all the games together, and Michelle can become sort of iconic for breaking the rule of no over forty year old women in fighting games. Mature women appeal to many gamers, not everyone's here for kawaii little baby school girls and what not. She needs to break that chain. She has too much potential and her choice in animal print socks is too flawless.

Another reason is because I chose to make Julia stay as Jaycee due to her raging popularity. This gets rid of unpopular Marduk and Armor King's drama queen ass. Two wrestlers should be enough.

The rest is almost pretty self explanatory I suppose. Christie is more popular than Eddy and no one's here for them both being there so ofc queen Godstie stays.

and I sort of wanted to rid Asuka of life but Japan needs their Lili/Asuka lesbo hentai so you're welcome The Cutting Room! 1240717419

Questions?? The Cutting Room! 1629892923
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 6th 2012, 1:27 am

Edit: I didn't like this post..so I got rid of it. How many of you will see this? The Cutting Room! 2183036630

Last edited by BoscaBat on July 23rd 2012, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 6th 2012, 2:37 am

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:
@CFW
Armor King over King?? Really? Where's Law? Tekken icon here.

And don't u dare put that fat lump Bob in while taking out Asuka.

Because I don't like Law and I like AK more than K. I love you

i love bob fuq u i do what i want fu

as iconic as Law is, idk he seems non-factorish.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 6th 2012, 8:06 am

1. Xiaoyu
2. Yoshimitsu
3. Nina
4. Hwoaranng
5. Christie/Eddy in same slot
6. King
7. Jaycee
8. Anna
9. Steve
10. Panda/Kuma in same slot
11. Raven
12. A Jack of some sort
13. Lili
14. Dragunov
15. Asuka
16. Heihachi
17. Kazuya
18. Lars
19. Lee
20. Jin
21. Devil Jin
22. Devil Kazuya
23. Lei
24. Alisa
25. Leo
26. Zafina
27. Combot
28. Miguel
29. Michelle
30. Law

Alexz2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X January 6th 2012, 12:04 pm

CFW wrote:

Law really is this. Like the whole world knows him as the screechy somersault guy from Tekken, but within Tekken he does nothing at all.
Then again I could say that about so many characters (-the somersaults)...
Paul, AK, K, Marduk, JuCee, Baek, Dragunov, Steve, Leo etc... There are so many people that have no baring on anything in the game at all. I don't think it's even hard to write them into the story, it just doesn't get anywhere.

@Whore: New character slots... Erm... Hmm haven't covered that, I was assuming that the 30 slots was to be all existing characters.
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 6th 2012, 12:13 pm

WhoreANG! wrote:
Jun, she's cool and I loved her, but we have Asuka for the moveset and Jun being missing is better. The Cutting Room! 3192638506

You better not be pulling a speed kills

Minus the trademark kazama moves they are NOT alike and had it not been for Asuka's Osaka tomboy attitude that is apparently so popular in japan Jun might be number one.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 6th 2012, 3:25 pm

I know they aren't alike.. but I eliminated most characters that are similar..bar the sisters and for the trademark Kazama moves we have to have one or the other and Asuka has more than Japan to be the popular character she is. She is one of the faces of Tekken now and for whatever reason doesn't matter..cause she has the fans worldwide. Jun would definitely be one of the few i'd keep over all characters in her position tho, but if I was to be fair like.. study

@Kagz you're probably right, feck it i'd keep Drag and Feng, too unique. The Cutting Room! 1629892923 The Cutting Room! 1629892923
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace January 6th 2012, 4:14 pm

Ogre should stay

he has a nice Story Killing the Heroine of the game, If she did come back obvs he should to Then there really would be no point of her, imo She only works with him and he only works with her the more character relations the better i think
His design may not really suit tekken but he is unique, though if he came back in another Tekken i'd prefer it if they went for his green design and take a few true Ogre moves away.... Idk though i dont think they should put both Ogre's in a tekken game with only 30 characters or even one of them The Cutting Room! 986510235

Marduk, Armor King, Mokujin, Wang, Baek should all go,

Idk where I heard this but did a young girl threaten to kill herself when harada was planning to take away one character ?
Ace
Ace

Rep : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 6th 2012, 4:47 pm

ahh Never heard of that if its true then the dumbass should kill herself.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X January 6th 2012, 4:48 pm

Harada said it himself in an interview close to T6's release. He was referring back to a time between T3 and T4 and he didn't say the character but said he did bring them back. So it must be Lee or Kazuya by my logic.
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 6th 2012, 5:53 pm

Kagami-X wrote:
CFW wrote:

Law really is this. Like the whole world knows him as the screechy somersault guy from Tekken, but within Tekken he does nothing at all.
Then again I could say that about so many characters (-the somersaults)...
Paul, AK, K, Marduk, JuCee, Baek, Dragunov, Steve, Leo etc... There are so many people that have no baring on anything in the game at all. I don't think it's even hard to write them into the story, it just doesn't get anywhere.

Characters like Leo, Steve, Dragunov, and Paul could have great story relevance if the writers actually gave a damn about the story.
Plus the T6 chars are relatively new to the story, so I think they should be given a chance.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X January 6th 2012, 5:57 pm

CFW wrote:Characters like Leo, Steve, Dragunov, and Paul could have great story relevance if the writers actually gave a damn about the story.

Well that's what I'm saying anyway. The writers don't seem to do a great deal on Tekken, and a few other fighters.

Plus the T6 chars are relatively new to the story, so I think they should be given a chance.

Of course, I'd rather have the newbs continue on and get a good story than have the stagnant bunch continue on with their non-stories.
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 6th 2012, 6:19 pm

Jin is also a non factor, he is so damn stale i am gonna start a war to draw out Azazel wtf namco?. Jin and Kaz need better stories and i am sick of it being all about the mishimas T7 should be about Jun or someone else anyone else but them again.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 6th 2012, 6:21 pm

Tekken has always been about the Mishimas. scratch

It's rly the only point of Tekken. Jun needs to come back w. her fab powers.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 6th 2012, 6:49 pm

But its what made the series stale as hell on a story standpoint.
Father throws son off a cliff, son gets revenge and throws father off the cliff, Father gets revenge and throws him in a volcano, Jin goes the same route as a one dimensional character and starts a war Heihachi wants to get rid of them both and reclaim the zaibatsu.
Rinse and repeat same shit different game booring.
Jun needs to take over and kick all of their asses and take over the zaibatsu and her sitting on the throne in a sassy pose with a crown on her head and champagne in her hand in her ending.
Alexz2
And Michelle can be her right hand woman smitten
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 6th 2012, 7:49 pm

Ariesboy88 wrote:
Jun needs to take over and kick all of their asses and take over the zaibatsu and her sitting on the throne in a sassy pose with a crown on her head and champagne in her hand in her ending.
The Cutting Room! 1629892923
And Michelle can be her right hand woman The Cutting Room! 556948658
Namco needs to hire you omfg The Cutting Room! 1298727130
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 6th 2012, 7:54 pm

Delayne wrote:
Ariesboy88 wrote:
The Cutting Room! 1629892923
And Michelle can be her right hand woman The Cutting Room! 556948658
Namco needs to hire you omfg The Cutting Room! 1298727130

yay I have been having a few scenarios in my head on what would happen if Jun returned.
And Michelle should return while Julia is Jaycee. Michelle could be her right hand woman as thanks for saving her life in the second tournament (see the animated movie) and they run the world (girls)
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum