Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's discuss Pandora

3 posters

Go down

Let's discuss Pandora Empty Let's discuss Pandora

Post by Alisassy February 15th 2012, 2:47 pm

And i ain't talking about that shitty story plot, i mean the gameplay mechanic that was always on the edge of gettin cut shortly after it was revealed. We no it does more harm than good, but it can be useful to punish some attacks like you would with an ultra in SF4 (ie Pandora into Super).
But isn't it insanely stupid that if ur pandora timer runs out during ur super that you still die, even if the super would've killed the opp had it been allowed to finish?

I always liked the idea of Pandora but watchin a few matches of a stream today made me question it again.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss Pandora Empty Re: Let's discuss Pandora

Post by Bosca February 15th 2012, 4:25 pm

Did this stream have the "final" build? Did you see anything of Jin or Ogre?

I kinda like it and might try it for omg! wtf! moments, but I can't picture anyone that's playing the game seriously using it..I really wish they made blocking useless in the mode that way then the only defence is offence and great evasion skills..tho I see people hating that too.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace February 15th 2012, 4:50 pm

I hate the fact that you die if the timer runs out, I gotta admit it looks badass though...
Ace
Ace

Rep : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy February 15th 2012, 9:18 pm

WhoreANG! wrote:Did this stream have the "final" build? Did you see anything of Jin or Ogre?

I kinda like it and might try it for omg! wtf! moments, but I can't picture anyone that's playing the game seriously using it..I really wish they made blocking useless in the mode that way then the only defence is offence and great evasion skills..tho I see people hating that too.

That offence for defence thing would be good, but it could easily be broken or over powered... I think it was just because a complete scrub was using Pandora that made me hate it cos he tried it in pretty much every round, even when his other character was full health and the character the opp had out was full health. Pandora will never kill someone who has full health with one combo, it's just not ever gonna happen.

And it was the final build. I only saw a few matches and each one had Ogre in them. No Jin. Bison was used as well. He's slightly different, in that his EX Flip Kick now does his SF4 Super rather than one fast Flip Kick.
Ogre looked very good and strong. We know he has Lee's Blazing Kick, and it showed the EX version which leaves a trail of fire. He has a punch that knocks u to the other side of the screen, the EX version gives a wall bounce. He has another special punch that when it lands will go into a special throw animation, even when u hit an aerial opp (combos after the wall bounce punch). He has another move that creates like a sphere around him, hurtin the opp if they r close when he does it. I guess thats his answer to projectiles.

King was also used and they showed a little juggle with him. If u do his knee hopkick (uf4/uf3 in Tekken) and u hit someone that is jumping, u can do it two/three more times and then go into a command throw. They used an EX version, so am not sure if u can use a normal one or not.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down