Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

+7
Ambrosia
Via Purifico
Meleenium
Delayne
Bosca
Alisassy
CFW
11 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Ambrosia January 18th 2012, 8:36 pm

omg, so many news.

I'm disappointed in Elysium's design, I wish she had more clothes, or that at least it didn't feel so fan servicy. Like, not only is she wearing an inch thick strip of fabric, it's also translucent fabric. I mean, really? Is that necessary? They could've done something as simple as a longer white dress (LIKE SHE'S ALWAYS HAD), and it would've been perfect. Ivy's design went in a great direction this game, and it sucks that Sophitia got this treatment, it feels demeaning.

Also, at this point, I feel awful for Cassandra and Mina hardcore fans. Mina and Kilik got replaced by Xiba, who really plays a lot more like Kilik, but still, Kilik makes a comeback and Mina is forgotten in oblvivion. Same thing for Cassie and Sophie. Sophie's style is in the game, and she makes a comeback as well, but you hear nothing of Cassandra.

The drawings are pretty and Kilik looks cool. I wanna see O. Phyrra now though, and know how she fights. If she really fights like Sophie (as much as I love her), then that is just ridiculous.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 8:45 pm

Might as well have a mini game featuring Sophie called Soul Calibur Stripper where she dances on a pole and and your fight money earnings increase by how well she dances.

comment on sophie on gamefaqs

Poor girl can't afford clothes ... or enough to eat. Sad

Get that girl a cheeseburger!
lmao
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 18th 2012, 9:03 pm

She could sell 80% of her boobs, still have massive DDs and be able to be fed for life. I mean seriously, those things r bigger than her head!
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 18th 2012, 9:20 pm

I still think her design shits. I love the weird mask and angel wings on her head. A Reverse Morrigan Aensland. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 1283395824

If this is Sophitia (lol ofc it is tho) then that will surely be interesting.
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 9:23 pm

Please, she makes Poison look like a nun in that outfit or lack thereof.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 18th 2012, 9:54 pm

Ariesboy88 wrote:

Poor girl can't afford clothes ... or enough to eat. Sad

Get that girl a cheeseburger!
SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 3973136183

Maybe she does eat. Maybe it all goes to her boobs.

I like her design anyway. I don't care if she's skimpy or not.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 9:59 pm

You know you would have preferred this over a more conservative outfit don't play. phone
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 18th 2012, 10:03 pm

Ariesboy88 wrote:You know you would have preferred this over a more conservative outfit don't play. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 3432338176

No. I'm just not Amish like the rest of y'all prudes. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 3192638506
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 10:10 pm

When you get that minus rep just know it wasn't me lol phone
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 18th 2012, 10:13 pm

And that's not a nipple through her top. It's the design of the strip of fabric that's under the larger translucent fabric.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 18th 2012, 10:18 pm

I do like Elysium's design, but i don't like it at the same time considerin it goes against the supposed direction the game wanted to go. Example, everything that is Elysium's design is everything they used as their reason to kick Taki out. They said they would have to sex her down if they wanted to keep her in it, but they were afraid fans wouldn't be happy and would take to a replacement better than a less slutty Taki. Fair enough. Then this.

I love Elysium's look but its goin against the image the game wanted to have for itself in its portrayal of females and its gone further than any SC game has gone before.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 10:20 pm

Precisely my reason why i hate it. I would have no issue with it if there wasn't so much hypocritical bullshit behind it.

Last edited by Ariesboy88 on January 18th 2012, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 18th 2012, 10:24 pm

Oh good. I thought you guys were being debbie amish prude about it. Because it's , like, turning into a fad to be the complete opposite of a pervert and it's getting annoying.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 10:47 pm

When has it become a fad to be prude? yuck
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium January 18th 2012, 10:49 pm

I dunno. I'm just seeing it more and more often.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 18th 2012, 10:52 pm

That's unfortunate. Melee you better cover up dem legs or ill lock you up lol
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 18th 2012, 11:50 pm

They already went against that when giving Algol thongs and a bulge. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 1405043821
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 19th 2012, 1:07 am

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:I do like Elysium's design, but i don't like it at the same time considerin it goes against the supposed direction the game wanted to go. Example, everything that is Elysium's design is everything they used as their reason to kick Taki out. They said they would have to sex her down if they wanted to keep her in it, but they were afraid fans wouldn't be happy and would take to a replacement better than a less slutty Taki. Fair enough. Then this.

I love Elysium's look but its goin against the image the game wanted to have for itself in its portrayal of females and its gone further than any SC game has gone before.
oh. I didn't know they jacked my gwerl Taki like that. I'd rather have Taki in a burkini than no Taki at all. Fuck.

Daishi you need to stop w this diarrhea fest, you're gonna make me pop off.

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 Tumblr_lxwm12o4Ap1qb9pa3o1_500

WhoreANG! wrote:They already went against that when giving Algol thongs and a bulge. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 1405043821
SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 Tumblr_lxwm12o4Ap1qb9pa3o1_500
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia January 19th 2012, 1:56 am

I'm still not crazy about it to be honest. I'm ok with sexy as long as there's a reason for it, and it's not just fanservice.
I don't want to deviate the conversation too much, but the quickest example I can think of this is Mileena's and Kitana's 1P from MK9. Both are pretty skimpy, sexy outfits, but I love Mileena's and hate Kitana's. Even though Mileena's is waaay less covering than Kitana's, it has a design, and a flow to it. Like there is a silhouette that makes her look good. Kitana's feels like it was just thrown together without any though or consideration, just trying to cover the least possible. That's how I feel about Sophie's design, kind of like it was just thrown together for no rhyme or reason other than fanservice, and that's why I don't like it. It's just not doing anything.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 19th 2012, 2:58 am

I understand completely its just there for the sake of being there
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 19th 2012, 12:39 pm

WhoreANG! wrote:They already went against that when giving Algol thongs and a bulge. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 1405043821

Gorl, the guys clearly never apply to the rule SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 12 3432338176
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 19th 2012, 12:44 pm

Algol was not made with Fanservice in mind, he was designed cause of his godly status.
Gil and Urien were also made the same way not fanservice.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 19th 2012, 2:57 pm

I know why they only have those little cloths on but how is it not the same? They have perfect bodies and the idea is clothes are beneath them..why is it not the same for Goddess Sophie?
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 19th 2012, 3:02 pm

Goddesses in greek mythology had plenty of more clothes on than her, her outfit is blatent fanservice this was obviously a contradiction on their part. Did you read the mod thread?
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 19th 2012, 3:09 pm

I get the contradiction thing and agree, but I don't agree that Algol and Elysium are not both fanservice. Lots of greek paintings and statues are full on nudes too, so imo it's fitting.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next