Until Dawn

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Until Dawn

Post by CFW on December 15th 2014, 3:37 pm

So I'm guessing there's a trend of actors making appearances in video games? I'm starting to like that trend, it makes those games seem like movies. 

Hayden Panettiere is in this.

Admin

Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Until Dawn

Post by Alisassy on December 15th 2014, 9:31 pm

I've been wondering what this is for a while but never bothered looking into it. So its basically horror version of Heavy Rain? I could get into that

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on December 19th 2014, 3:49 pm

I wonder if this is gonna be like the Saw movies where you're captured and then tortured or w/e.
I wonder if all her friends are dead.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico on December 19th 2014, 3:59 pm

I am intrigued by this.

Don't be racist. Be like Mario. He's an Italian plumber created by Japanese people who speaks English and looks like a Mexican. And runs like a jamaican and jumps like a black man And grabs coins like a Jew
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on May 26th 2015, 6:54 pm

:mazen

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on May 28th 2015, 5:56 pm

Eugh i'm excited for this but not exactly following it, ya get me?

I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Heavy Rain where there actually is alot of choices that have a big impact, not just one or two surrounded by lots of tiny non-factor choices. I mean dont get me wrong, Heavy Rain was great, but many choices didn't effect the overall path. I think. I should play it again (@)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 27th 2015, 8:23 pm

So i was on PS Store and the pre-order for this popped up and am like "when this out" and its like "in 30 minutes" so im like "oh" and i bought it

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca on August 27th 2015, 10:34 pm

Yeah, I watched a stream of this on GameSpot and I think I need this.
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on August 27th 2015, 11:30 pm

this shit is so fucking stressful to watch like it's like a movie :mazen

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 29th 2015, 9:58 pm

This game finna give me a heart attack. Just played through chapters 1-5, already down 2 people. There goes my perfect save everybody run jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne on August 29th 2015, 11:34 pm

Y'all better be keeping whatever character Rami Malek plays alive. He's my boyfriend.

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on August 30th 2015, 4:07 am

Smile

Spoiler:

he's the reason theyre put in that situation

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 30th 2015, 7:42 am

@Delayne wrote:
Y'all better be keeping whatever character Rami Malek plays alive. He's my boyfriend.

I have one word. Oop. (@F)

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne on August 30th 2015, 12:18 pm

oop.

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 30th 2015, 1:25 pm

So i just finished the game... Didn't save everybody but idc there will be another playthrough for me

Like this spoiler below aint for the sake of being cute, amma spoil shit. Read it if you watched a full playthrough so you already know the general t or don't care anyway. I am getting into some decision specific stuff as well so there's that to worry about to. Amma say how my folk died... Those that did anyway.

Spoiler:
So lol, the two i thought had died when i made that last post weren't actually dead, i just thought they were. Not sure how Jess survived her bit but ya. The twist with the Psycho being Josh was good, but now i wonder what woulda happened if i chose to save him instead of Ashley. Espesh since one part of the game seemed like i needed Chris & Ashley to have a relationship so she would save him and let him in the house away from the Wendigo. And after all that relationship building, the prick like didnt even bat an eyelid once she was missing from the group. Yeah, i stupidly got her killed. I knew Jess was alive at this point and I thought I was getting Ashley to meet up with her. I was annoyed at that death cause i was liking her (minus that shit she started over Emily's bite, which i don't even know how to begin to prevent since it seems both Emily and Matt need the flare gun but Matt is a douche and fires it automatically like girl i didn't tell you to do that i gave you it for protection)

So those that died in my playthrough were Mike, Matt & Ashley. Josh technically dead since he became a Wendigo, and i have a feeling you can try prevent that ending for him.

Ashley - investigated the noise in the caves, and opened the trapdoor. I thought I'd be greeted by Jess but nope, Wendigo. Dead. I think it took up two pages on the Butterfly Effect tab so i'm wondering if there's anything else you can do to survive if you investigate the noise, or if the second you make that decision its just playing until you die. Got a trophy for it, and i know someone else can make that decision and die, thanks to the trophy description.

Matt - During the incident with Emily in the radio tower, she was being a bitch to me but i tried to be nice and save her anyway. But the tower fell and we both fell with it. Matt kinda jumped away to a platform, but got grabbed immediately (i assume by a Wendigo) and dragged along. He got impaled on a hook and died. Butterfly Effect window suggests if i had the flare gun or didn't try to save Emily, he coulda saved himself.

Mike - He died in the final scene. It was a complete accident. I guess I made Sam go for the lightswitch too soon, but i mean Mike knew the plan. I thought he woulda at least tried to get away when I went for the switch. Praise the lawd i waited as long as I did or else Chris and Em woulda died too

Josh - Sam discovered Hannah's diary that explained what happened to her and Beth in the caves. So when they found Josh, she told him Hannah became a Wendigo. Josh recognised the Wendigo that attacked him (Hannah) and she recognised him so she took him away alive. The only way i can see that playing out differently is if Sam doesn't find the diary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca on August 30th 2015, 2:02 pm

That was fast, I'm not reading anything for now because I think I want this..but it's pretty pricey for such a short game.
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on August 30th 2015, 2:22 pm

@Alisassy wrote:So i just finished the game... Didn't save everybody but idc there will be another playthrough for me

Like this spoiler below aint for the sake of being cute, amma spoil shit. Read it if you watched a full playthrough so you already know the general t or don't care anyway. I am getting into some decision specific stuff as well so there's that to worry about to. Amma say how my folk died... Those that did anyway.

Spoiler:
So lol, the two i thought had died when i made that last post weren't actually dead, i just thought they were. Not sure how Jess survived her bit but ya. The twist with the Psycho being Josh was good, but now i wonder what woulda happened if i chose to save him instead of Ashley. Espesh since one part of the game seemed like i needed Chris & Ashley to have a relationship so she would save him and let him in the house away from the Wendigo. And after all that relationship building, the prick like didnt even bat an eyelid once she was missing from the group. Yeah, i stupidly got her killed. I knew Jess was alive at this point and I thought I was getting Ashley to meet up with her. I was annoyed at that death cause i was liking her (minus that shit she started over Emily's bite, which i don't even know how to begin to prevent since it seems both Emily and Matt need the flare gun but Matt is a douche and fires it automatically like girl i didn't tell you to do that i gave you it for protection)

So those that died in my playthrough were Mike, Matt & Ashley. Josh technically dead since he became a Wendigo, and i have a feeling you can try prevent that ending for him.

Ashley - investigated the noise in the caves, and opened the trapdoor. I thought I'd be greeted by Jess but nope, Wendigo. Dead. I think it took up two pages on the Butterfly Effect tab so i'm wondering if there's anything else you can do to survive if you investigate the noise, or if the second you make that decision its just playing until you die. Got a trophy for it, and i know someone else can make that decision and die, thanks to the trophy description.

Matt - During the incident with Emily in the radio tower, she was being a bitch to me but i tried to be nice and save her anyway. But the tower fell and we both fell with it. Matt kinda jumped away to a platform, but got grabbed immediately (i assume by a Wendigo) and dragged along. He got impaled on a hook and died. Butterfly Effect window suggests if i had the flare gun or didn't try to save Emily, he coulda saved himself.

Mike - He died in the final scene. It was a complete accident. I guess I made Sam go for the lightswitch too soon, but i mean Mike knew the plan. I thought he woulda at least tried to get away when I went for the switch. Praise the lawd i waited as long as I did or else Chris and Em woulda died too

Josh - Sam discovered Hannah's diary that explained what happened to her and Beth in the caves. So when they found Josh, she told him Hannah became a Wendigo. Josh recognised the Wendigo that attacked him (Hannah) and she recognised him so she took him away alive. The only way i can see that playing out differently is if Sam doesn't find the diary

Spoiler:

If you try to save Josh instead of Ashley, the saw will still go to Josh.

I was so mad when Ashley died tho like why they throw you off like that!!! You gotta remember tho that they're in two completely different areas in the mountains.

One thing I thought was weird that Jess was taken in her underwear, but later on she's found by Matt (if u keep him alive) with all her clothes on. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 30th 2015, 2:32 pm

@Bosca wrote:That was fast, I'm not reading anything for now because I think I want this..but it's pretty pricey for such a short game.

It was probably somewhere between 7-10 hours, but you're supposed to play it more than once. If you let someone die you like, chances are you'll want to save them. When you finish it does give a chapter select though so you can jump right back to where you want to change, but you gotta stick it to the end. If you change something in Chapter 6 for the sake of Chapter 10, you still gotta play through 7,8 & 9 to see said change.

@CFW wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:So i just finished the game... Didn't save everybody but idc there will be another playthrough for me

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you try to save Josh instead of Ashley, the saw will still go to Josh.

I was so mad when Ashley died tho like why they throw you off like that!!! You gotta remember tho that they're in two completely different areas in the mountains.

One thing I thought was weird that Jess was taken in her underwear, but later on she's found by Matt (if u keep him alive) with all her clothes on. 

Spoiler:
Yeah, now that i finished the game i'm going through the reddit so some of the decisions that i didn't make are getting spoiled for me (aka picking Ashley to die instead of Josh)

But yea i was pissed when Ashley died. I guess I wouldn't have been if i played the gun scene with her and chris differently (alot of people hate Ashley from the aftermath of this scene) so I am glad I didn't get to witness that bit.

When Jess was taken from me, she was half dressed. I heard other people say she was taken fully clothed. But the totem threw me off cause it showed her waking up in her underwear, so when she was taken away and not in her underwear, i thought she was dead for sure. Pretty shitty though that its like Chapter 3 or so she is taken and it's not until end game where you find out if she lived. I think the scene in the early chapter plays differently if she is gonna be dead though so it might be the saving grace.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on August 30th 2015, 2:56 pm

Spoiler:

No, let me take that back about Jess, I forgot I was watching two different playthroughs (@) 

I lowkey wanted Emily to die when that tower fell, Matt don't need that mess.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on August 30th 2015, 3:11 pm

@CFW wrote:
Spoiler:

No, let me take that back about Jess, I forgot I was watching two different playthroughs (@) 

I lowkey wanted Emily to die when that tower fell, Matt don't need that mess.

Spoiler:
nnnn right? I thought she was a goner for sure too but welp. When i had to pick my favourites with the analyst, i picked her as the one i disliked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca on September 28th 2015, 8:42 pm

I've seen so many people say Mike is like a young Nathan Drake and that explains why I wanna save him from death when I eventually get this.

Honestly, from what I've seen of the game I'm ok with letting Emily and Josh die. But I will try to save them all.
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on September 28th 2015, 11:14 pm

I hate Mike tbh. He actually ruined the story for me a little bit.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy on September 29th 2015, 10:38 pm

No he's adorable, the whole set up with him and Jess about to bang in the cabin was cute and i was jealous

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW on September 29th 2015, 11:20 pm

Yikes  (:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca on November 2nd 2015, 10:15 pm

I'm on chapter 9 of this game, how many more is there? I'm really liking it, but someone I really liked is dead. Sad I can only 100% confirm 1 as dead so far and I'm still so mad about it.
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum