Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 9th 2015, 11:21 pm

Also I just wanna add, every tag game has unique features exclusive to tag. It would not be easy to balance this while trying to sell a main 1v1 game.

The difference between main Tekken games and the tag games is the fact that the tag games are party games. How long can they go with NOT removing characters and also adding new characters?

Let's be real here, this would not work ever. Tag 2 already has 50+ characters (didn't sell too well either), and the Tekken team will obviously have no choice but to cut characters. 

Them adding tag mode to Tekken 7 just would never make sense. Tag 2 makes it obvious that the game is pretty much built around the tag mechanics. Which makes it easier to have 1v1 and 2v1 matches in a tag game. Having a tag mode in the main 1v1 Tekken games would need a complete overhaul, especially with the new mechanics. 

People (usually casuals) already complain about the juggling in Tekken. With the removal of the main bound system, I don't see how it would be possible to implement this without making two completely different games.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 10th 2015, 1:35 am

@Alisassy wrote:Lol, so what climbed up your butt and died?

You really didn't have to go there. I thought we were having a simple discussion but I guess you thought I was sassing you or something.

Jeez, never mind what I said then.

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 10th 2015, 1:48 am

@CFW wrote:Also I just wanna add, every tag game has unique features exclusive to tag. It would not be easy to balance this while trying to sell a main 1v1 game.

The difference between main Tekken games and the tag games is the fact that the tag games are party games. How long can they go with NOT removing characters and also adding new characters?

Let's be real here, this would not work ever. Tag 2 already has 50+ characters (didn't sell too well either), and the Tekken team will obviously have no choice but to cut characters. 

Them adding tag mode to Tekken 7 just would never make sense. Tag 2 makes it obvious that the game is pretty much built around the tag mechanics. Which makes it easier to have 1v1 and 2v1 matches in a tag game. Having a tag mode in the main 1v1 Tekken games would need a complete overhaul, especially with the new mechanics. 

People (usually casuals) already complain about the juggling in Tekken. With the removal of the main bound system, I don't see how it would be possible to implement this without making two completely different games.

I don't think it would really take them that long. TTT2 had both tag mode and 1vs1. 

And what you said in your third paragraph is a good idea for them. They can focus primarily on the more complicated tag mode and derive a 1vs1 mode from that. It doesn't necessarily have to mean the game is primarily a tag game. But it's a good technique to use for the sake of balance. 

Many game developers do something similar to this. It's no big deal. Whatever works in the end. 

From my experience, casual Tekken fans always complain, no matter what. 

Also, no offense, but I know you're not that competitive in Tekken. Me as a (ex)competitive Tekken player, I really don't think it would be that hard for them to have tag mode in every game as well as 1vs1, while making it balanced. They have a 15+ year basis in the development of the mechanics of the series. It's always the same game at the core, with some variation in each installment. Major overhauls are unnecessary. Plus, Tekken is one of the most balanced fighters out there. If they stick to the core with some variation (as they've been doing) in each iteration, and not do anything silly, I think it would be fine.

Also, we live in the era of software updates post-game release. So any specific balance issues they find can always be patched. Every player basically functions as a beta tester now-a-days. If this were the PS2 era, I'd understand,  but now...

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 10th 2015, 2:26 am

@Meleenium wrote:I don't think it would really take them that long. TTT2 had both tag mode and 1vs1.
Because Tag 2 is Tekken 6 with tag combos as opposed to being Tekken 7 with tag combos.

They can focus primarily on tag mode and derive a 1vs1 mode from that. It doesn't necessarily have to mean the game is primarily a tag game. 
They might as well make Tekken Tag Tournament 3 then, because why focus on 1v1 at all?


From my experience, casual Tekken fans always complain, no matter what. 
Fans of any fanbase complain about everything. My point was this was a prominent reason among casual fans and non fans for not playing it. 

Also, no offense, but I know you're not that competitive in Tekken. 
None taken, but it doesn't detract from my initial point. 

Me as a (ex)competitive Tekken player, I really don't think it would be that hard for them to have tag mode in every game as well as 1vs1, while making it balanced. 
Either it'll be terribly balanced or it will be dumb. Since you don't play the game competitively anymore I gotta take this with several grains of salt.

They have a 15+ year basis in the development of the mechanics of the series. It's always the same game at the core, with some variation in each installment.
Rage arts and armor moves are pretty big changes. You're not taking the changes to movement, new mechanics, + how prominent K! moves are going to be this time. It won't be the same game, and from what I've seen so far it looks totally different.

 Major overhauls are unnecessary.
Unless you wanna play a watered down TT2, yes they are. 

Also, we live in the era of software updates post-game release. So any specific balance issues they find can always be patched. Every player basically functions as a beta tester now-a-days. If this were the PS2 era, I'd understand,  but now...
But you also don't want them to remove any characters. And again, that takes $$$$$.


I'm not saying adding a tag mode is impossible, it is very much possible. I'm saying tag mode will be ridiculous and I'd rather they keep it in a separate game so they don't screw it up by making it something it's not.

My issue with it isn't even 100% gameplay concerns, but concerns with development. 

I'm not sure why you would want a tag mode... is it because DOA has one? You want a tag mode like DOA? One of the most ridiculous modes in the game? Infinite juggles? TN taking away a type of stun that was "accidentally" added to the main 1v1 game and putting it in the tag mode with the infinite juggles? Yikes.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 10th 2015, 12:37 pm

@Meleenium wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:Lol, so what climbed up your butt and died?

You really didn't have to go there. I thought we were having a simple discussion but I guess you thought I was sassing you or something.

Jeez, never mind what I said then.

It was this comment:

At least think about it objectively before you reply, if you reply.

If that's not trying to sass me i don't know what is.
Text doesn't have a tone, you have to be aware on how someone else will read what you say and interpret it

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 10th 2015, 2:10 pm

@CFW wrote:They might as well make Tekken Tag Tournament 3 then, because why focus on 1v1 at all?

It doesn't matter what the call it. TTT3 would just be the words they have on the box.

Only think that makes the next game Tekken 7 is that the story is going on to the 7th KoIF tournament. Basically, I'd like a game with a canon story, 2vs2 and 1vs1. I really don't care what they call it.

My point was this was a prominent reason among casual fans and non fans for not playing it. 

It's an unjust complaint. The only reason why they complained is because they were in the air longer, thus, immobile longer, which makes you feel more helpless while being juggled.

But in reality, juggles before Tekken 6 were more OP. Tekken 5 juggles were much more damaging, despite fewer hits and shorter time in the air. 

Casuals don't look at things like that.

Since you don't play the game competitively anymore I gotta take this with several grains of salt.

I don't suddenly forget how the mechanics work just because I don't play competitively anymore. 

The times I do play, I still remember the majority of my tactics, still do advanced techniques casuals don't do, still know that the majority of so called "cheap moves" have a rather easy strategy to get around that casuals generally don't realize. 

Unless you wanna play a watered down TT2, yes they are. 

Well you're gonna have to define what an overhaul is. Because Tekken 7 is still Tekken. The changes in that game seem just as big as any new Tekken iteration have been in comparison to it's immediate predecessor. 

Do you consider Tekken 6 to be an overhaul to Tekken 5? 


But you also don't want them to remove any characters.

I already know that they're removing characters for sure, so it doesn't matter. More reason why it would be easier to have 2vs2 in Tekken 7. 


I'm saying tag mode will be ridiculous and I'd rather they keep it in a separate game so they don't screw it up by making it something it's not.

And I think you're worrying too much. Look, when developers make the next iteration of a game, they (if they're good developers) use the last game as a basis and a learning experience for the next.

They already have a strong core mechanic for 1vs1 and 2vs2. From there, it's a few tweaks and changes for the next game to make it different enough. 

I'm not sure why you would want a tag mode... is it because DOA has one? You want a tag mode like DOA? One of the most ridiculous modes in the game? Infinite juggles? TN taking away a type of stun that was "accidentally" added to the main 1v1 game and putting it in the tag mode with the infinite juggles? Yikes.

Honestly, I want tag mode simply because I like seeing two of my favorite characters fight on the same team. That, and it simply adds more to do in the game.

As for DOA, they're really stupid at certain things. The sole reason why tag combos are so ridiculous in DOA is because of one single mechanic, and that is it allows for the tag partner to come in off of nearly any move. That, and they're able to come in after that move really fast -- faster than the speed it takes for the original character to land a move.

If they take that one thing out (or nerf it), it'd all be fine. You seem to be under the impression that Team Ninja would have to spend years upon years of overhauling the mechanics just to make it balanced. Tell me why my suggestion wouldn't fix everything in an instant? Also, how many teams in that game really have infinite juggles? Apart from that, it's not that bad. There's mechanics that balance it out, such as the tag partner at rest recovering health, which makes a big difference if you're good at taking advantage of it. 

Anyway, Tekken doesn't allow for the partner to come in off of any move within a small frame rate. TTT2 has less damaging team juggles compared to the solo juggles in all the games before Tekken 6.  

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 10th 2015, 2:13 pm

@Alisassy wrote:
@Meleenium wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:Lol, so what climbed up your butt and died?

You really didn't have to go there. I thought we were having a simple discussion but I guess you thought I was sassing you or something.

Jeez, never mind what I said then.

It was this comment:

At least think about it objectively before you reply, if you reply.

If that's not trying to sass me i don't know what is.
Text doesn't have a tone, you have to be aware on how someone else will read what you say and interpret it

I don't see how saying "think about it" is an insult, but whatever. Sorry you got upset then.

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 10th 2015, 4:10 pm

@Meleenium wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:
@Meleenium wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:Lol, so what climbed up your butt and died?

You really didn't have to go there. I thought we were having a simple discussion but I guess you thought I was sassing you or something.

Jeez, never mind what I said then.

It was this comment:

At least think about it objectively before you reply, if you reply.

If that's not trying to sass me i don't know what is.
Text doesn't have a tone, you have to be aware on how someone else will read what you say and interpret it

I don't see how saying "think about it" is an insult, but whatever. Sorry you got upset then.

it would imply i haven't been thinking before that obviously.

And you're looking at the develeopment of the 2v2 mode all wrong. I'd say Namco used T6's 1v1 as their basis more than original TTT. They copied a few things over, which was to be expected, but essentially the 2v2 mode is 1v1 with slight tweaks to make 2v2 work. 1v1 in TT2 is the exact same as T6, with the inclusion of balcony break.

1v1 in T7 is already vastly different with the removal of B!. K! isn't a straight up replacement since the later you do it, the further your opp will land from you. Will K! moves still be a panic input on float like B! was for most people? Yes. But following up after a K! move is already gong to be harder for casuals. Then there is the new Rage Arts and those Armour Moves on top of that. 2v2 deals with rage in an entirely different manner than 1v1, so what happens to Rage Arts? Rage and Netsu are no longer the same thing with different activation requirements since Rage no longer gives the damage boost (afaik it is just access to the Rage Art). How will Tag Assualt work without B! ? Will K! just be the new TA starter? But what about the distance your characters will have to cover before they can even attack if it is? What will happen if you manage to get a Happy Birthday and land a Rage Art (if they are in 2v2)? How will Red Health work now, especially in relation to Armour Moves? Can i just sacrifice blue health for red health under pressure so i can use the armour move and bring in the second character for a safe raw tag? Any changes to Tag Crash? The list goes on.

It's better to create a solid 1v1 experience and then add to it for 2v2. Not design a fluid 2v2 and see what you have take away and hope it stays fun for 1v1. As such, if they were adding tag mode in every game, then every game will take longer to come out because of the extra time and effort needed. DOA's tag system is quite simplistic in comparison to Tekken's. The only thing that was new in DOA5 for the tag mode were tag power blows, the 1v1 version of which was new entirely. DOA5U added in the red health, Tag Critical Burst and Force Tag attacks, and there were virtually no other changes to gameplay and 1v1 remained the same. Before that, Tag Mode was 1v1 with the simple addition of character switch at any moment (apart from when your on the defence at the wall at times), tag throws and a little tweak to the juggle system's gravity/launch height. Its understandable how they've managed to do it all this time. If TT2 remained as simplistic as TTT in its tag mechanics then yes, there wouldn't be much after time needed for developing 2v2 in T7, but alas its not.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 10th 2015, 9:56 pm

@Alisassy wrote:1v1 in T7 is already vastly different with the removal of B!.

Oh come on...

See this is where I think you guys are completely exaggerating, saying things like T7 is "vastly" different or calling it a complete overhaul of the mechanics. I don't see what's so vastly different about the game overall. 

Sure, you're gonna have to remember a new mechanic and forget about an old one. But anyone who's good at the previous Tekken is gonna catch on pretty quickly with the new one. I don't exactly call that "vastly" different. If Tekken all of a sudden turned into a different game (say, hypothetically, it adopts DOA mechanics. THAT'S vastly different. Veteran players would basically have to relearn an entirely new game).

I consider a game to be a complete overhaul if my skills from the last game hardly help me with the new iteration -- as if I were playing a completely different franchise. Convince me that that'll be the case when I play Tekken 7 and I'll probably see your guy's points. Otherwise it ain't "vastly" different. It's just another Tekken game.

But following up after a K! move is already gong to be harder for casuals.

If we're talking strictly about balance, why bring up casuals? I think it hardly matters to them.
 
Specific cases aside, balance of the game/character tiers don't become apparent to two casual players playing. Especially in Tekken. 

How will Tag Assualt work without B! ? Will K! just be the new TA starter? But what about the distance your characters will have to cover before they can even attack if it is?

This is why I try to tell you to try and think about things. You both are sitting there saying this and that can't happen, not thinking innovatively.

Honestly if game developers thought the way you did, we'd hardly have any bold new innovations.

B! was different during Tag Assault. The character was immobile longer than a normal B!.... more generally speaking, it was a modified B! specifically for Tag Assault.

Is there any reason why there can't be a modified K! specifically for Tag Assault, that somehow makes it easier for the tagged character to cover sufficient distance? You're telling me that, for whatever reason, it's physically impossible? They can literally do anything to make it work. Make the distance shorter specifically for TA K!. Make the character run faster only in that situation. Make the opponent have a larger hit box... whatever... I can literally think of a million things off the top of my head on a whim. Why can't you? 

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but it's like you're not even trying to think about possibilities. You just want to sit there and say this and that is impossible.

What will happen if you manage to get a Happy Birthday and land a Rage Art (if they are in 2v2)?

Again... at least try to use your imagination.

The game can be programmed to either a) arbitrarily pick which opponent it'll land based on a specific condition (in this case, I'm thinking it could simply land on the character that was already out fighting and ignore the incoming character, negating said character's tag in, or simply vice versa). 

Or b) The the character can perform this super awesome over-the-top Jackie Chan movie style animation where the one character beats up two characters at the same time. It could be a special animation specifically for landing Happy Birthday Rage Arts. Now come on, that sounds cool, right? Urban Reign had double grabs where a single character can grab two opponents. They could, for instance, adopt Law or Paul's two-person grab into a hypothetical Happy Birthday Rage Art.

Or c) you land a Happy Birthday Rage Art, and your team character simply beats up one character during the animation, and your other character beats up the other. 

I could probably think of 100 more things on a whim if I sat here and tried. Point is, there's work-arounds for anything. Quite frankly for more complicated things than this across the gaming industry. Many of which I probably couldn't think of a solution for off the top of my head like I am for these specific cases. I think these are comparatively simple.

How will Red Health work now, especially in relation to Armour Moves? Can i just sacrifice blue health for red health under pressure so i can use the armour move and bring in the second character for a safe raw tag? Any changes to Tag Crash? The list goes on.


Armor Moves as in Power Crush?

Also, I don't quite understand this particular question overall, but I think Power Crush need to go and never come back. I already see Power Crush as a potential balance issue with or without tag mode. Either that, or just a major annoyance. But maybe Namco knows what they're doing. But it was certainly annoying in TR.

As for Tag Crash, I dunno. Do you see any reason why it would need to be changed if tag made it into T7?

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 10th 2015, 10:40 pm

I want to look @ character intro and win poses whenever I want. SCII and SCIII had this with quotes + costumes, DOA has just win + loss poses for creepy hentai screenshots. 

Also, a lil CPU vs CPU stuff going on. I like how SCV does this, a little menu pops up to adjust VS mode settings before picking characters. 

A random filter would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes when I'm beating my kids asses in VS mode I get kinda bored so it would be cool if I could filter out who I wanted it to pick randomly so I wouldn't get someone I hate. This would be really cool for stages too, like for tournaments in case there's a stage that could have issues.

Going back to the win and intro animation things, they can add that to my proposed theater mode. You'd be able to choose which costumes and intro/win animations you want to see. 

SCIV had a little option after every set where you could change the stage without having to go back to the character select screen. It could save some time. 
- It also had a feature where u could change the button layout at the character select. Would be nice to see that.

For customization, I'd like to be able to change a character's pose between their idle animation and a static pose. This way we can see what we got going on in motion and when picking stuff before saving and moving on.
- This would help TREMENDOUSLY, because sometimes when you zoom on characters who don't have a static pose the camera moves away from them. That's annoying.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 11th 2015, 12:42 am

@Melee
Girl, stop saying i'm not thinking. Its getting annoying. Where in my post did i say any of that is impossible? Where did i say anything can't be done? I haven't. Those questions are not things i am saying can't be done, but it is things that have to be tackled by the dev team. I didn't wanna use this cause i think its pathetic, but i've studied games design at uni. Unfortunately i havent got a job in the industry yet, but jesus i think i know how much thought has to go into it and i hope i can kinda put the thoughts into designing a gameplay system. You don't just go with the first idea. You play with it, stretch it out, evolve it, judge the good & bad, etc.

And why do I mention casuals? How many times has Harada and Namco now tried to make Tekken more casual friendly?? They are getting pretty much the focus of all decisions they make, like it or not. And yes, i meant Power Crush, i forgot the name of it. Guess why that is there? Casuals who can't deal with pressue. I'm not happy with its addition either, I'll need to get my hands on it to see how stupid it is before i can judge it completely. Is it broken? I hope not, and i trust in Namco that it won't be. My point with that question is that Power Crush absorbs hits and you'll basically hit them back harder. Tag mode introduces red health. Should the power crush give me red health when it absorbs attacks or should it do dmg to both. Cause if it does leave back red health and i can survive absorbing whatever onslaught i'm stuck in, there could be nothing stopping me using that move and then pulling of a raw tag if the power crush knocks down or creates distance (provided on who i'm tagging against). And I don't see any reason to change Tag Crash, but it's definitely worth something talking about. Why can't it be changed? Is it actually perfect as it is? Perhaps there can be something to replace it?

And halleluja, You say TA was a modified version of B!. Well done. You know why? Cause T6 was used as the basis and tweaked for TT2. Tag is tweaked around 1v1, it will never be 1v1 is tweaked based on Tag. You change 1v1, you change Tag and have to rethink it. It's not just a copy and paste with the addition of changing characters. We have been trying to tell you that it'll take more time and effort and resources to add in the Tag mode this time, and it wont just be straight up development, there'll be time spent on thinking the new/reworked stuff. Doesn't matter how early or late in the project they do it, they still have to do it. Sure, i can come up with solutions or ideas to everything i had asked in the previous post, but it's not my job and Namco isn't gonna see it.

You said yourself you could come up with 100s of answers to the Happy Birthday Rage Art scenario. Am sure Namco can too. Are they just gonna pick one and run with it? No, or at least they shouldn't. There'll be debates about the top ideas, they'll probably try implement several across different builds to determine which feels like the best version. And all of that is just to tackle one problem.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 11th 2015, 12:57 am

And that all goes back to what I've been saying. Time + resources = money.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 11th 2015, 3:26 am

@Alisassy wrote:Should the power crush give me red health when it absorbs attacks or should it do dmg to both. Cause if it does leave back red health and i can survive absorbing whatever onslaught i'm stuck in, there could be nothing stopping me using that move and then pulling of a raw tag if the power crush knocks down or creates distance (provided on who i'm tagging against).

Well I only see you giving an objection to the idea of it only taking red damage, and no objection to it taking regular damage. So I think you answered your own question.

I'm not happy with its addition either, I'll need to get my hands on it to see how stupid it is before i can judge it completely.

Well it's in TR, isn't it? Because it was annoying in that.

We have been trying to tell you that it'll take more time and effort and resources to add in the Tag mode this time, and it wont just be straight up development, there'll be time spent on thinking the new/reworked stuff.

And I'm not convinced. Be more specific and less general now, because I've given specific solutions. 

Sometimes things take a long time in game development and sometimes things don't. I think tag mode in T7 would be one of the things that wouldn't take that long because of the suggestions I thought of. Any reason why my suggestions in particular would take a long time? You haven't convinced me why tag mode, in particular, would take such a long time and so much resources.

Your points have been general so far, and I've given more specific points on why it really shouldn't take that long. So please, be more specific in why it would.

Also, when I say I'm not convinced it'll take long, I mean I don't think it'll take any longer/much longer than the amount of time it would take to simply develop any new installment. Saying it would is a rather specific claim (you're basically saying it WILL FOR SURE take longer than 3+years. It can't happen in any amount of time less than that). 

So I expect specific reason why they can't do it in 2-3 years, or why it's so gargantually unlikely.

Why can't it be changed?

It can be. Red herring.


You said yourself you could come up with 100s of answers to the Happy Birthday Rage Art scenario. Am sure Namco can too. Are they just gonna pick one and run with it? No, or at least they shouldn't. There'll be debates about the top ideas, they'll probably try implement several across different builds to determine which feels like the best version. And all of that is just to tackle one problem.

This doesn't always happen in game development. Sometimes, things really do just need a quick fix where it takes one little thing to solve the problem/challenge. It's not always necessary to sit and debate about a tweak that's so simple. It's really just over-thinking it.

My suggestion "a" for example. What is there to test over and over? The already present opponent gets caught in the rage art and their partner gets prevented from tagging in. I mean yeah, there will be testing, obviously, but why is this likely to take 3+ years?

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 11th 2015, 3:30 am

@CFW wrote:And that all goes back to what I've been saying. Time + resources = money.

Specifically, why would tag mode take so much more precious time and resource than developing any other new Tekken game? 

And please do not be so general.

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 11th 2015, 1:56 pm

Because, like I said before and like Tenks has also said...

They would have to change it to fit what Tekken 7 is now. We don't know how much these new mechanics will change the game. There will be a new meta. They would have to develop a whole new tag game. This isn't them planning it in the 10+ months they had for development, this is them adding it on in the console version when the console version already takes about a year to even finish. 

See, if this would have been for like the next Tekken game and it wasn't so close to a release... Let's say not even in development, then I wouldn't object to this. This is people's jobs, people need to get paid. What you're asking for isn't as simple as you think.

I honestly really don't think you understand what we have been saying, and I'm getting tired repeating myself so I'm moving on.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 11th 2015, 2:09 pm

Nowhere have i stated that adding a tag mode will take an extra 2-3 years. It will however require extra time. Time that i dont imagine they have since this game feels quite rushed as it is (its supposed to be hittin arcades very soon or something).

And i dont know how you cant see how all of the points i have raised in what has to be considered is just general and not specific. Even then, it does not subtract from how valid they are.

You seem to have missed the point about the happy birthday rage art. I dont expect them to debate about one idea, its the multiple ideas. If they just went ahead with scenario a, thats fine and dandy. Not much required. But its possible they wont go witj scenario a until a last resort. Maybe they want to try both characters in and doing their rage art on the opp team. Maybe they want to try that one person doin a double rage art on the full team. Maybe they wanna try one of the other 100 approaches. The time taken to decide whoch of them to go with, to implement it, build the animations, code it and test it. They'll probably have to do some tweakin just to test the scenario as happy birthdays are never guaranteed.

Then it still begs the question how will rage arts work in tag mode, because how will rage mode be induced? Should it be kept as your partner gets rage after u occur so much damage, auto rage when caught in a tag assualt (whoch also has to be reworked, remember) or should it just remain as 1v1 and be low health only. Wil rage in tag mode still have the damage boost? Some of these rage arts already do ridiculous damage in 1v1, and tag typically has lower health. Even without the dmg boost, rage arts will probably one shot ko, and since they only take chip dmg and cant be beat by lows unlike power crushes, if u see the opp press a button, rage art. But is it still on a timer? This is a mechanic to help casuals after all.

There is alot that will have to go into adding a tag node for T7 because it is different from T6. I wont use the word vastly this time to confuse you, the basics of Tekken are still there, but there are at least three new mechanics introduced already and they'd need serious consideration for 2v2. TT2's big innovative mechanic was TA! And that is gone as we know it.

Like CFW said, im also done repeating myself. We are obvious on different wavelengths and this back and forth is just getting tedious. I admit i may be over complicating some aspects, but its definitely not as simple as i fell you think it is

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 11th 2015, 2:37 pm

@Alisassy wrote:Nowhere have i stated that adding a tag mode will take an extra 2-3 years. It will however require extra time. Time that i dont imagine they have since this game feels quite rushed as it is (its supposed to be hittin arcades very soon or something).

I didn't say you said it'll take an extra 2-3 years. I said you're basically saying it'll take 3+ years (total). Basically, one extra year at most.

Which I doubt.

I say they have sufficient time and resources. Because it's not that complicated.  

I dont expect them to debate about one idea, its the multiple ideas. If they just went ahead with scenario a, thats fine and dandy. Not much required. But its possible they wont go witj scenario a until a last resort. Maybe they want to try both characters in and doing their rage art on the opp team. 

That's a typical game development process. Point is, I don't see it taking any longer than developing any other game and I think you guys are over-exaggerating. 

No, they may not go with one idea on the spot. But the fact that I can come up with multiple ideas on a whim shows that it's not that complicated. You guys are way too negative.

There is alot that will have to go into adding a tag node for T7 because it is different from T6. I wont use the word vastly this time to confuse you, the basics of Tekken are still there, but there are at least three new mechanics introduced already and they'd need serious consideration for 2v2. TT2's big innovative mechanic was TA! And that is gone as we know it.

I'm sorry but you're still being vague and general. There's a lot that goes into developing games in general. There's a lot of debate and decision making that goes into adding any new mechanic in general. It happens regardless. Tag is no different, but I still don't understand why it would be THAT MUCH more time.

Yeah, and now that I think about it more, T7 really isn't that different from T6. The biggest mechanic change is Power Crush (which happens to be the mechanic I think they should get rid of anyway).

K! is the same as B! in principal. It's still a juggle extender. The only difference is more distance and different moves do it. And the way it looks. They could easily apply the TA principle they did with B! to K!. I don't see this taking an ass load of time and resources. Again, it's really not that complicated. They've already got the principle down from TTT2.

Power Blows..... I mean Rage Arts are just a move that you land that initializes a fixed animation. It's basically just a fixed juggle.

I'll sum up my point overall. Why is this bound to take extra time? Yeah, they'll have to do testing. Yeah, they'll have to consider this factor and that. But they have to go threw this every time they add a new mechanic, which they do for every game. I don't see tag mode taking extra time. At least not a whole lot.

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 12th 2015, 5:40 pm

Can Tekken Tunes come back with the option for music from past games without them being paid dlc?? And like all games. Cause i just found out about this...



It was in some T7 combo vid and i was geniunely shocked to learn this was a tekken track. Harada girl, don't keep slayage like this on Ninty systems. #TekkenBall

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 12th 2015, 5:49 pm

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 12th 2015, 5:58 pm

I mean its giving me T2/T3 OST teas and alot of the fanbase regards those titles very high in the music department. T2, T3 and DR, the trinity of Tekken OSTs.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 12th 2015, 6:33 pm

I would be very much here for this type of OST. Like it's fun and exciting for the stage too.

I think we all should look at Tekken 3D Prime again.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Meleenium on January 12th 2015, 7:23 pm

@Alisassy wrote:Can Tekken Tunes come back with the option for music from past games without them being paid dlc?? And like all games. Cause i just found out about this...



It was in some T7 combo vid and i was geniunely shocked to learn this was a tekken track. Harada girl, don't keep slayage like this on Ninty systems. #TekkenBall

Just download Tekken music off the internet and use it in Tekken Tunes.

Namco did payed music for the vary sake of having some form of payed DLC. Harada was against payed DLC entirely, including music, but the entire company felt the need to have it in some form. We're lucky it was that and not payed costumes, characters or stages. We're lucky they're not Team Ninja.

You agree that Namco needs money. It's music. You can find it off the internet for free if you really gotta have it. I literally have every Tekken song throughout the series (all the songs I like, anyway) on my PS3, none of which I payed for. I'm completely free to use it on Tekken tunes, and I have. 

But payed music DLC is really their only chance to have some extra revenue through DLC without ripping off the fans (such as through payed costumes, stages, characters etc... you can't pirate that), as broadly speaking, fans really aren't forced to pay for old Tekken music if they wanted it. I just think, overall, Namco has been really generous with DLC and payed retro music DLC was literally put there precisely because they made everything else for free. That's the sole reason why it's there. So I feel like I'd be expecting too much from them to make old music free after Harada pushed real hard to make costumes and characters free.

Costume and character DLC almost ended up not being free. The fact that it did is why we have payed DLC for retro music.

_____________________________
avatar
Meleenium
Moderator

Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Posts : 1567
Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on January 12th 2015, 8:17 pm

I don't mind buying music because I'm not evil. zoom

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Alisassy on January 12th 2015, 9:50 pm

@Meleenium wrote:
@Alisassy wrote:Can Tekken Tunes come back with the option for music from past games without them being paid dlc?? And like all games. Cause i just found out about this...



It was in some T7 combo vid and i was geniunely shocked to learn this was a tekken track. Harada girl, don't keep slayage like this on Ninty systems. #TekkenBall

Just download Tekken music off the internet and use it in Tekken Tunes.

Namco did payed music for the vary sake of having some form of payed DLC. Harada was against payed DLC entirely, including music, but the entire company felt the need to have it in some form. We're lucky it was that and not payed costumes, characters or stages. We're lucky they're not Team Ninja.

You agree that Namco needs money. It's music. You can find it off the internet for free if you really gotta have it. I literally have every Tekken song throughout the series (all the songs I like, anyway) on my PS3, none of which I payed for. I'm completely free to use it on Tekken tunes, and I have. 

But payed music DLC is really their only chance to have some extra revenue through DLC without ripping off the fans (such as through payed costumes, stages, characters etc... you can't pirate that), as broadly speaking, fans really aren't forced to pay for old Tekken music if they wanted it. I just think, overall, Namco has been really generous with DLC and payed retro music DLC was literally put there precisely because they made everything else for free. That's the sole reason why it's there. So I feel like I'd be expecting too much from them to make old music free after Harada pushed real hard to make costumes and characters free.

Costume and character DLC almost ended up not being free. The fact that it did is why we have payed DLC for retro music.

Ya i know i can do that, i already have got a lot of old OSTs on my ipod, but i think when its official they actually loop correctly in tekken tunes? I'm sure one / two seconds of silence won't be that noticeable, if the fight is even still goin by that point, but ya. And if prices weren't ridiculous like DOA's, i wouldn't object to paid DLC customs.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4197
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by CFW on April 4th 2016, 1:14 am

I think Harada's reasoning for being scared about having Tekken Tunes again is dumb.

Both SCV and DOA has this feature where you can change the BGM of the stages and DOA has no issues with the PS4's limitations with USB music so I don't buy anything he says about it at all.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.
avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 24
Location : Florida
Posts : 5072
Rep : 99

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekken 7 console version Wishlist thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum