Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken 7 OST: Where will it go?

+3
Alisassy
Delayne
CFW
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tekken 7 OST: Where will it go? Empty Tekken 7 OST: Where will it go?

Post by CFW January 18th 2015, 2:03 pm

So when we first heard some stuff from the location tests, we weren't really feeling it too much. And after looking @ a thread on TZ, I wanted to know how do you think the OST will be in Tekken 7.

Looking back at each games' OST, I really think it should be more like Tekken 3D Prime's. Usually each OST, IMO, reflects the direction of music in general is going. Each ost reflects musical eras.

CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Tekken 7 OST: Where will it go? Empty Re: Tekken 7 OST: Where will it go?

Post by Delayne January 18th 2015, 2:28 pm

Honestly Tekken just needs to leave the dubstep in 2012. However, if T7 pops out tracks that go as hord as Lotus Hall I will buss it open for Harada
fat
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 18th 2015, 9:15 pm

I want dubstep to be gone as well. Doubt it'll be ignored though. Judging from the two game tracks we've heard though (Lucky Chloe trailer & gameplay trailer that was shown at same time), its nothing to shout about at the minute.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 19th 2015, 2:05 am

I don't think the new music is that bad, I like it tbh

I read somewhere these were placeholders? IDK if that's 100% true, I'm hoping they are from what I've heard from the loc tests. 

CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 19th 2015, 3:19 pm

Idk, that one was in the Lucky Chloe trailer. I'd say it has a good chance of being in. Since T6 days at least nearly every trailer has been an ingame track in some form
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 19th 2015, 3:31 pm

I forgot to add to that post, but since the music changes when the 2nd round starts I meant to say that the music playing the rest of the match sucks and doesn't match the stage at all (it's worse than that video for the jungle stage). 

Like the music from the Honmaru (or what ever) stage. The first one that plays is ok, but it just doesn't match. Then the second round starts and it starts off really good, but then gets kinda poopy.

Makes me think that the tracks aren't finished. 
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 19th 2015, 3:49 pm

I never heard the music to that stage before. Ewwwwwwwwww. Its gross, i hate it.

And i don't get the obsession with music changing between rounds. DOA5 handled it perf since it was done based on stage transitions and that works. SFxT had mini transitions but nothing that made it justifiable imo. Tekken 7 defo has no reason to be doing it. It's not even hype. I would get it if it was a final round only thing and it became a more tense version of the original track, perhaps just something thats on a 1 minute loop cause like you're only gonna be in that last round 90 seconds tops. But an immediate round 1 to round 2 change makes no sense. You don't even get time to enjoy the music.

Starting to feel that this Tekken will not have me living out the arcade wait by downloading the OST and twerkin for filth.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 19th 2015, 4:28 pm

That's what I was saying before!! SCIV did this and it worked hella good; on the final round when both life bars are below half way the music changes. 

I'm hoping these are just filler tracks though. They're not very Tekken sounding.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 27th 2015, 4:52 pm

So this came on the radio today and I was thinking it smashes hard and that I need a Tekken track this game to just smash and give me that sense of epic fight / urgency. Eugh. Obvs ignore vocals, but you can get a jist cause like Tekken OST is no stranger to having some repetitive vocals

Any other general music you think could be interesting to take inspiration from or just legit rip the vocals away and have the music?
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 27th 2015, 5:32 pm

Omg yeah, I remember loving 'Invaders must die' I basically called it Nancy's theme. The Prodigy and Tekken are a match made in heaven.

This reminds me so much of Tekken 2. I really think Namco should consider this style of tune for at least 3 or so stages. 

Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 27th 2015, 5:39 pm

Slightly mellow for my tastes but i don't even know why i'm saying that as a bad thing cause it's not like it hasn't been done before and with the right stage it works perfectly. And I did think of T2 when listening to that omfglmao
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 27th 2015, 5:41 pm

Alexz
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 27th 2015, 6:02 pm

I approve but i'm biased cause Marina is life, Marina is love.

And actually, that kind of fits in with current Tekken OST with the dubstep imo (and by current i mean T6/TT2), so in that sense i'd wanna say no to this so we can progress
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 27th 2015, 6:41 pm

well i mean they aint gonna change it now look at the poop we gettin already might as well live w it suckmyass Mad 

CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI January 29th 2015, 5:25 pm

Bosca wrote:Omg yeah, I remember loving 'Invaders must die' I basically called it Nancy's theme. The Prodigy and Tekken are a match made in heaven.

This reminds me so much of Tekken 2. I really think Namco should consider this style of tune for at least 3 or so stages. 

This is amazing ! Thank you so much ! If only it was longer =( .
GBI
GBI
Active

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 29th 2015, 6:55 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, I so badly need someone to extend it.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 29th 2015, 9:21 pm

I have a bad feeling this will be the worst OST in the series so far.
The jungle one does not fit at all and it sounds generic the one for Hon maru is a big disappointment considering it is part of the centerpiece of the story.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI January 30th 2015, 6:10 am

We so need Tekken Tunes.

Edit: I like the Hon Maru theme though.
GBI
GBI
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI February 10th 2015, 7:29 pm

This would be such a wonderful jungle theme I love you .
GBI
GBI
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy February 10th 2015, 8:34 pm

Eugh, that theme is everything.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy March 31st 2015, 5:15 pm

Given that we are all prepared for our lives to intact from a lackluster OST, what's y'all thoughts on going back to character themes?

My only concern would be that for me, a theme needs a stage to go with it, and we're not gonna get the same number as stages as characters. And I would still need the theme to be tied to the stage, not in the style of DOA or SF where the character theme plays with any stage. but i think it could give that kick that is clearly missing at the moment. From the snippets, Kazumi's is easily the best, and that stage is practically her stage so therefore her theme.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI March 31st 2015, 6:10 pm

Alisassy wrote:My only concern would be that for me, a theme needs a stage to go with it, and we're not gonna get the same number as stages as characters.

They could do something like in T3 where each character has his own theme but shares his stage with one or two other characters. I think it went pretty well globaly.

Even with a roster of 40 characters, I think it could work.

I don't like Kazumi's theme at all, I must be the only person on the planet but I had to say it.
GBI
GBI
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy March 31st 2015, 6:37 pm

GBI wrote:
Alisassy wrote:My only concern would be that for me, a theme needs a stage to go with it, and we're not gonna get the same number as stages as characters.

They could do something like in T3 where each character has his own theme but shares his stage with one or two other characters. I think it went pretty well globaly.

Even with a roster of 40 characters, I think it could work.

I don't like Kazumi's theme at all, I must be the only person on the planet but I had to say it.

That stage sharing in T3 actually annoyed me to no end. And the only other reason i don't like the idea of each character having a stage is that, back in those days, the stages were the same gameplay wise. Now we have walls and breakable shit, the layout of the stage itself is getting more vital. Now obvs, when your playing versus and online and what not, there'll be a stage select, you wont be forced to be on player 2's stage all the time... but still...

Boo die
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI April 1st 2015, 4:52 pm

If you want character's theme back with no stage sharing, you'll get a 15 characters roster. And I don't see it happening until a reboot of the saga.

I don't think T7 OST is that bad tbh.
The main issue is that some of the second parts of the stage themes suck. The main themes I think are good.

Twilight Conflict first varation for example is perfect, but its two other varations suck (especially the rock version silent ). I hope we'll get the option to turn them off.

I'd like to add that Kazumi's stage is better without her mwah . Devil's Pit first variation is perfect. The second is meh but still better than when she's in.
GBI
GBI
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy April 1st 2015, 5:19 pm

GBI wrote:If you want character's theme back with no stage sharing, you'll get a 15 characters roster. And I don't see it happening until a reboot of the saga.

I don't think T7 OST is that bad tbh.
The main issue is that some of the second parts of the stage themes suck. The main themes I think are good.

Twilight Conflict first varation for example is perfect, but its two other varations suck (especially the rock version silent ). I hope we'll get the option to turn them off.

I'd like to add that Kazumi's stage is better without her mwah . Devil's Pit first variation is perfect. The second is meh but still better than when she's in.

Yeah I know... I'll have to accept stage sharing. But i mean there's nothing to stop a character theme AND a stage theme. If they doing multiple tracks per stage then the audio team surely has time to spare Alexz2

oop, but let me praise Kazumi because she's an adult female that wants independence from her man
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next