What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Via Purifico on May 2nd 2015, 3:20 am

What if the game was a more direct sequel to 2 instead of a time jump with a mostly new cast?.
I think it was the right move at the time and it made it interesting and the gameplay combined made it sell the way it did.

But what if Jin still made it in but as a bastard brother like Lars or Michelle being in over Julia.
What would your response would have been?. 

This is just for fun and to incite an interesting discussion.

_____________________________
Don't be racist. Be like Mario. He's an Italian plumber created by Japanese people who speaks English and looks like a Mexican. And runs like a jamaican and jumps like a black man And grabs coins like a Jew
avatar
Via Purifico
Staff

Age : 29
Location : Philadelphia,PA
Posts : 2860
Rep : 53

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Alisassy on May 2nd 2015, 9:48 am

I think its a bit hard to judge would it would be like... Alot of the characters still could've shown up one way or another, the only people that would have need to be reworked would be Forest, Julia, Jin, Asuka & Steve. Lars technically as well, but Heihachi coulda just had the love affair earlier in his life and there goes that one.

King II and Kuma II would have remained the first versions. If they wanted Julia, coulda been Michelle's younger sister or something but there would have been no reason to replace her. The Williams wouldn't have needed to be frozen. Asuka basically wouldn't have been needed as Jun would still be running around (so Lili would need a lesbian crush on someone else but like lol to consider her story). Forest we knew of back in T1, so he's just plain out.

The only thing I think we could be sure of is that Kazuya would have been absent cause there was still the volcano ordeal. That was a T2 canon decision, not the time gap. The Ogre storyline probably would've been sped up, and may have been interesting to see him trying to go after all the fighters rather than Jin trying to avenge mama.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4089
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Via Purifico on May 2nd 2015, 10:30 am

@Alisassy wrote:I think its a bit hard to judge would it would be like... Alot of the characters still could've shown up one way or another, the only people that would have need to be reworked would be Forest, Julia, Jin, Asuka & Steve. Lars technically as well, but Heihachi coulda just had the love affair earlier in his life and there goes that one.

King II and Kuma II would have remained the first versions. If they wanted Julia, coulda been Michelle's younger sister or something but there would have been no reason to replace her. The Williams wouldn't have needed to be frozen. Asuka basically wouldn't have been needed as Jun would still be running around (so Lili would need a lesbian crush on someone else but like lol to consider her story). Forest we knew of back in T1, so he's just plain out.

The only thing I think we could be sure of is that Kazuya would have been absent cause there was still the volcano ordeal. That was a T2 canon decision, not the time gap. The Ogre storyline probably would've been sped up, and may have been interesting to see him trying to go after all the fighters rather than Jin trying to avenge mama.

This is actually something that came to mind. Would have been cool to actually see Ogre in action trying to take them out. Xiaoyu could have still been in and wrote the same exact way she just wouldn't have been Jins HS friend.

Eddie if they went through with that design choice could have had the same story as well except this time he would be after Heihachi. Lili has no story tbh so she still has a chance of being in. 

As a matter of fact if we had no Asuka Lili could have had better writing.

_____________________________
Don't be racist. Be like Mario. He's an Italian plumber created by Japanese people who speaks English and looks like a Mexican. And runs like a jamaican and jumps like a black man And grabs coins like a Jew
avatar
Via Purifico
Staff

Age : 29
Location : Philadelphia,PA
Posts : 2860
Rep : 53

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by CFW on May 2nd 2015, 10:48 am

Lili did have a better background story in Tekken 5.

_____________________________
The bringer of woe.


avatar
CFW
Admin

Age : 23
Location : Florida
Posts : 4991
Rep : 98

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Via Purifico on May 2nd 2015, 10:56 am

@CFW wrote:Lili did have a better background story in Tekken 5.

This is true. Her taking an interest in street fighting and her fathers company being a branch of Heihachi's activities is interesting. I wish they did more with that instead of making her yuri bait to Asuka's tsundere. 

All to sell those figures to the lowest common denominator.

_____________________________
Don't be racist. Be like Mario. He's an Italian plumber created by Japanese people who speaks English and looks like a Mexican. And runs like a jamaican and jumps like a black man And grabs coins like a Jew
avatar
Via Purifico
Staff

Age : 29
Location : Philadelphia,PA
Posts : 2860
Rep : 53

http://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Alisassy on May 2nd 2015, 11:43 am

Asuka also would have had a better story if there was no Lili, lets not get twisted. Granted Lili took the harsher side since her story actually revolves around Asuka, but Asuka's T6 "omg is she important to the plot cause she wants to save the world from Jin" ended up being a spoiled mess. But so did everyone's really so meh.

Hwo still could be Baek's disciple since it was established in T2 that Baek had a dojo, he just woulda needed a different rival. A revamped Steve woulda been a nice choice (kicks v punchs) and lets be honest, after T4 they practically forgot Steve is a Williams.

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4089
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Delayne on May 2nd 2015, 12:32 pm

I think Julia could have existed as a sister much like Cassandra in SC. She probably would've taken on the Jaycee persona much sooner too to differentiate them in canon games.

Also Jun, Michelle and Kunimitsu would have developed far more interesting storylines that they deserved in the first place.

_____________________________
avatar
Delayne
Moderator

Age : 21
Location : Ohio, USA
Posts : 3173
Rep : 144

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Alisassy on May 2nd 2015, 1:15 pm

Forgot all about Kuni being able to stay

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4089
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Bosca on May 2nd 2015, 4:31 pm

Considering Asuka was there first with her own story (like her hunt for Feng's head) it's not one or the other that ruined their characters, the dev just saw an opportunity to exploit them for the pervs and basically ruined them both for everyone that isn't into that shit.noparty

I doubt any of the older females staying would have resulted in an interesting story, this is Tekken people..let's be realistic. They'd probs just give Jun the forest restoration story for her animals to stay and Michelle would probs just be on a never ending hunt for Heihachi's head and Kuni would probs just be on a never ending hunt for Yoshi's sword.
avatar
Bosca
Moderator

Location : Éire
Posts : 2973
Rep : 64

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Alisassy on May 2nd 2015, 5:13 pm

@Bosca wrote:Considering Asuka was there first with her own story (like her hunt for Feng's head) it's not one or the other that ruined their characters, the dev just saw an opportunity to exploit them for the pervs and basically ruined them both for everyone that isn't into that shit.noparty

I doubt any of the older females staying would have resulted in an interesting story, this is Tekken people..let's be realistic. They'd probs just give Jun the forest restoration story for her animals to stay and Michelle would probs just be on a never ending hunt for Heihachi's head and Kuni would probs just be on a never ending hunt for Yoshi's sword.

Stop being logical poff

_____________________________
avatar
Alisassy
Staff

Location : Ireland
Posts : 4089
Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Re: What if Tekken 3 never happened as we know it?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum