Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

+4
Bosca
barbiegirl
Alisassy
Via Purifico
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next Empty Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

Post by Via Purifico October 8th 2017, 1:05 pm

Ok, I think as fans that grew up with this series and seen how it has grown I feel it has come to a bit of a halt.
At the very least casually.

Let's discuss our thoughts and concerns about the future and Harada and Murray's behavior all throughout the media campaign for the game and Tekken Mobile seemingly being made with more love and interesting design choices.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next Empty Re: Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

Post by CFW October 8th 2017, 5:43 pm

There's apparently another team doing the mobile version, but yeah I won't be supporting this game monetarily anymore... Unless they release more characters
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next Empty Re: Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

Post by Delayne October 8th 2017, 10:24 pm

I'm trying to think of things that bothered me about this game and the first thing that came to my mind was the wait. Not just like in general but we would go months without a character reveal and it just felt like there was absolutely no effort to keep things hype. Also can we get better social media people or are we just gonna keep on letting Harada deal with everything while he gets pissy over nothing?? lbr why are we all still pretending that he even understands english?
(@)

Like honestly we got those misleading articles and mass confusion over if Chloe was gonna be cut from North American copies of the game and that PETA forced them to remove Roger Jr.....I've honestly still seen people in the last month bring up the Roger thing not knowing that Harada was just attempting to make a simple joke.
(F@)

Don't even get me started on those "don't ask me for shit" t-shirts......like I literally never wanted to ask for Julia and Anna more in my life after seeing those. idk like I wouldn't have been mad at those shirts if there wasn't already a severe lack of communication. It just kinda felt like they were sending the message that they were gonna do whatever they want and that input from fans didn't matter. I know it was meant to be a joke but, as made clear from the Roger incident, their jokes fucking suck.
(@F)
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico October 8th 2017, 11:34 pm

I think it's half jokes and half serious to be honest.

How they handled a fan asking about Lei told me all I needed to know about their mentality which should be above them as old as they are.

I do think Yellowmotion has a point about the focus on esports this time around compared to other games. In all honesty I feel he's once again trying to make it like SF but this time going after the esports crowd.

I mean lbr it's the same amount of players and same pros who been playing Tekken for years. If anything the focus on esports has made the game boring af to watch thanks to the JDCR and Saint show every finals. 

Capcom games will always outshine Tekken when it comes to views and esports hype. People have been shitting on SFV and rightfully so but it's going to surpass Tekken 7 in content when AE comes out.

We have
Tekken Bowl
taiko drums DLC
some character panels

Modes
Treasure battle (which pretty much replaces ghost battle for better for worse)
Vs
story mode
character episodes
Arcade mode (the shortest in the series so far)

Story mode is shit
the character episodes was also a waste of resources as well. If anything they should have done character episodes like Tekken 5.

Last edited by Via Purifico on October 8th 2017, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 8th 2017, 11:36 pm

The game itself would have been fine but then you have the resident doofus Markman and plain ass Murray making excuses for input lag (which is my biggest issue with the game rn). UE4 recently released an update fixing that, but i doubt they'd do anything to fix it. 

I actually wonder what the tekken team does all this time and why they think it's such a terrible thing to be transparent. They got enough cash to throw at these players, but not enough to add content to their game.  scratch
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico October 8th 2017, 11:44 pm

CFW wrote:The game itself would have been fine but then you have the resident doofus Markman and plain ass Murray making excuses for input lag (which is my biggest issue with the game rn). UE4 recently released an update fixing that, but i doubt they'd do anything to fix it. 

I actually wonder what the tekken team does all this time and why they think it's such a terrible thing to be transparent. They got enough cash to throw at these players, but not enough to add content to their game.  scratch

I feel like they honestly don't want to and I told other players who are waiting for classic characters to not hold their breath.
Murray told a Julia fan to play Leo on top of that bullshit with Speedkicks. He's a fucking passive aggressive moron to be quite frank.

The whole team needs a do over. Mark has to go and Murray and Harada need some lessons on transparency.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 9th 2017, 4:59 am

The main gripe for me like Dels was the wait. I get console port will take time, and the extra modes will take time amd CGI scenes will take time, but none of them lived up to be worth the wait. Story mode was trash and made Akuma canon (T8 could retcon that), and worst of all it didn't even finish the mishima saga. T8 will be Jin v Kaz AGAIN.

Character Episodes was a waste, I haven't even done them all. Slapping a CG ending onto the end of arcade would have been better, as once again the majority of the cast have no impact on the story.

Ghost mode > treasure mode. If I'm playing AI, i at least want to get to the hard AI asap. I don't want to float around the easy ranks until i rank up.

Tekken Bowl is trash. The outfit DLC is trash, it's just stuff that was already in the arcade so shoulda beem there day one. The outfits missing from Story is dumb as fuck...

Onto gameplay, the only gripe i have is the super armour. Power Crushes ain't so bad cause low or throw and you win, hitting them will slow their move and they do habe some start up before getting the armour. Depending on your poke you might recover in time to block anyway. Rage Arts is a free "i aint taking this mix up" and unless you happen to bait with a move that can cancel, it's essential a reversal thats free cause you wait for them to press a button. 2D games don't give all their supers armour, SF4 didn't give ultras armour, you still supposed to know when to throw it out. I wanna see RAs go, and RDs expanded if they are to stay.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 9th 2017, 9:37 pm

I think they took away a lot of smaller things that didn't seem to matter, but it all added up to make it feel like the bare minimum was done. 

Treasure mode def could have been better. They could have taken inspiration from Quest Mode in VF5 Vanilla, where you had a map of different arcades and you had to basically be the best in each one and get rarer stuff. It's basically the same mode, but a lot more polished and motivating..also like Ghost Battle you could choose your opponent. Maybe for Tekken they could use the Dojo's like in the PSP game. Wow.. DR on PSP honestly killed all Tekken games content wise.  darh
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 9th 2017, 10:30 pm

Ghost mode is legit the only mode I played the most in 5 and 6 and for it to be gone and replaced by a lesser version was shitty. 

Deep down I'm still hoping for... something more because I'm really sick of this hush hush bs. Like an arcade update or something interesting. 

The guest characters in my opinion suck and honestly I wish I got this game used and didn't preorder the deluxe version.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 10th 2017, 1:14 am

They should give us a free customization DLC after the joke that was part 1 of the season pass. Story mode costumes + the polar bear kuma/pink panda outfits that the Arcade version got. I would say just slap them on with the Geese DLC but we don't deserve to wait that long.
(@)
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 10th 2017, 5:21 am

The colour customise options in this game is criminal...
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 11th 2017, 1:00 am

Well it's confirmed to have met its sales goal. I really do believe this game will have more support than any other Tekken. Naruto Storm 4 had more content and characters after its pitiful season pass. 

Also, someone asked for story costumes again and Harada said "ok"..doubt he's trolling, but wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting til Geese arrives.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 11th 2017, 5:50 am

Watch it be part of a second season pass
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 11th 2017, 5:44 pm

Stop being so cynical.  omfgno
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico October 11th 2017, 9:29 pm

I wont believe anything until I start seeing results.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 13th 2017, 3:09 am

Y'all need to just get over this series and play something else.  happy
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico October 13th 2017, 11:03 am

Meleenium wrote:Y'all need to just get over this series and play something else.  happy

I play plenty of other games but I don't see the harm in talking about this. I think there's some legitimate arguments to be made.

Once Comrades for XV comes out i'll be playing that.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 13th 2017, 5:45 pm

I play tons of other crap. But I want Tekken to be there always.  :date:
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl October 14th 2017, 2:02 am

I love this thread. First of all the direction was a complete mess (obviously). The communication was there but Harada needs a medium to mitigate the dumb shit he says. Michael Murray can shit in his milk and make cereal !

The amount of time and resources they put into developing meaningless (and ugly) customization items such as the deer head upsets me. I mean clearly the whole game was rushed but it wouldn't have been as apparent if they knew how to prioritize. So for the future... Prioritization. I get the gaming world now is extremely commercial but its not an excuse.

But realistically I think the next Tekken will most likely be even worse in terms of guest characters and other conceited shit that will take resources away from the core experience such as the story, modes and characters etc.

All of this I could ignore if they put Anna in the game and i'm not afraid to admit it !
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Beginner

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 14th 2017, 4:43 am

Same. Gimme Julia and I'll shut up.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 14th 2017, 7:51 am

Meleenium wrote:Y'all need to just get over this series and play something else.  happy

Obvs play other games. But Tekken was one of the first games i feel in love with, this series will happily remain a talking point for me until i die. fan

@Bosca i am lowkey interested in that for the co-op, but the combat system in XV is just... I'd rather commit to XIV
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico October 14th 2017, 11:46 am

I just found it intersting how the excuse to hold the game back was because of content when it had less than the standard tekken. 

Character episodes and story mode were a waste of resources. The only thing the story mode was good for was only telling the beginning story and the out of place Akuma who really had no real role at all.

They claimed it was to end the mishima saga and I was hoping it meant the end of the entire bloodline but the story didn't really resolve anything. Tekken 8 is most likely going to be a part 2 to this mess and going by Asuka's character episode (she might but it's Harada and his anime fetish so probably wont) will have an important role in stopping things.

I want them to move on from this and have a clean slate and they need to not fumble like this again. They can have tournaments constantly but can't even at least tell us their DLC plans.

@Alisassy the magic system is nothing like the main game and much better. So there's that but overall if you're not into the combat system in general then I can understand the lack of interest.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 14th 2017, 12:35 pm

I wouldn't have hope from Asuka's character episode. Sure call back to her T6 bio and how it was all about her setting out to stop Jin because she learnt they are family. Ends up being reduced to lesbian school girl rival fantasy with Lili and hasn't escaped it.

I don't know why they decided the story format of T4/T5. They need to bring it back. The whole single arc story mode only works for the other games because they involve the majority of the cast. Tekken did the opposite. And the character episodes didn't even resolve anything or show anything of real importance.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 14th 2017, 1:23 pm

They also need to learn to keep their roster fresh. They need to take notes from SF and MK because they always drastically switch up their rosters for each game while keeping a few important characters that have to be there. Basically if T8 is just T7 with a couple newbies I'll be pissed. Throw in Julia, Anna, Lei, Jun, Kuni, Bruce, Christie, Angel etc. etc. It'd be nice to have veteran picks for the roster that weren't totally predictable. If you ask me Eliza was the only real gag and even then she was kinda expected to be there with TR shutting down.
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 14th 2017, 3:53 pm

I dunno..I kind of hate that about the SF and MK series. One of the things I loved about the 3D fighters is that generally the majority of fans will always see their main. Cuts when shittier characters get in is so annoying, they had us worried for even Nina getting in at one stage and it was not fun.  

I think they did a good job on story tbh, but I do think they should just do it T5 style and make a really interesting Arcade mode like SFV is doing. I wanna unlock secret fights and bosses. Like imagine all those bosses in Treasure were things you had to earn instead of randomly showing up in a mode you just wanna fight normal AI in.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next