Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love!

+2
Delayne
CFW
6 posters

Go down

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! Empty Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love!

Post by CFW May 26th 2014, 1:31 am

I'm curious, because there are a few characters that initially I didn't really like or care for but I now enjoy.

Soulcalibur:

I played this a lot when I was younger (same time as TTT1) and I only used Talim in SCII. That's all I cared about then, but as I got older and started getting bored with her, I was looking up combo videos of her on Youtube where I stumbled upon SCIV videos. I didn't even know SCIII existed or why I didn't have it. After I got SCIII, I was pretty disappointed in Talim's design so I was looking at other characters to use. Hello Cassandra, Tira, Setsuka, and Raphael.

Cassandra became my main and the only character I cared about at the time, until I started using the other characters. Then about a few months later I get SCIV a month after I get my PS3. Cass was still my main at the time until SCV was announced. When I found out it was gonna be a drastic change, I switched to Sophitia (I didn't like how basic she was at first and she wasn't sassy, but...) and Ivy and had some fun with Seong Mi-na and Amy.

SCV got rid of a lot of my faves, but it happened to introduce new faves. I didn't know Pyrrha was gonna be playable until Daishi said something on Twitter, and when that happened and I saw that demo of her I only used Sophitia to prepare. I was so happy because Pyrrha was really easy to get comfortable with and she didn't have TAS. I actually really liked all of the female characters + Raphael since they were revealed, but recently I'm just now getting into Xiba, ZWEI, and Patroklos. And have decided to use Tira as a secondary. Sometimes I play SCIV and only use Setsuka.

Tekken:

Now, I was never huge on Tekken at all but when I was younger I owned the original Tekken Tag on PS2 and would only use Xiaoyu (and Jun sometimes and someone else I cant remember) exclusively and after that I kinda forgot about it until I found out Tekken 6 existed. I didn't care about any of the characters when I saw a video of Anna vs someone else. Anna is the sole reason I even got Tekken 6, but over time I really got to look at the roster and then I saw Julia, Leo, Zafina, and Alisa. I played those characters a bit.

There were some fans that really turned me off of characters like Marduk, but in Tag 2 I started to really like him a little bit (b/c I read fanfiction and yeah I'm that type of weeab). I'm starting to like Bruce a little bit too.

Street Fighter:

I had no interest in this series whatsoever, actually the only reason I owned this game is because they didn't have SCIV at the GameStop my dad and I went to. I really liked C. Viper at first, but I thought she was pretty difficult to use so I moved on to Juri. The characters on there weren't really any I would want to use so I let this game sit on the shelf for like a year until SFxT was announced. Still didn't care about any of the characters until Poison was announced. So I went back to SSFIV and started using Rose a lot. She still wasn't a character I clicked with. Fast forward to right now and USFIV is gonna be out in a few months and I'm itching to try out Poison, Elena, and Rolento.

Virtua Fighter:

I didn't know what this game was until I googled it lmao. I really liked Sarah at first, but after watching some arcade videos on youtube she got boring to me fast, Pai too. And I had no time or patience for Eileen or Vanessa. But fast forward to now and Vanessa is actually my main with Brad as my secondary. And I really like using El Blaze too "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS".

Dead or Alive:

lmao I was so turned off by what the character models looked like but then DOA5 was announced and I decided to give it a chance and watched some videos. I was really excited because it was so realistic looking and the screen shots of the game got me going. I was gonna use Hitomi, but when I got the game I moved on to Helena. I used Mila, Kokoro and Kasumi a little bit. But I lost interest, so when Ultimate was announced I was kinda skeptical until they revealed Rachel. I didn't know about her until then, but she's the only character I use now. Nobody else matters to me in that game anymore.

This is a start, but I have a lot more. Discuss pls. phone
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! Empty Re: Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love!

Post by Delayne May 26th 2014, 1:59 am

I always used to hate Waluigi for some reason but those were dark times and I've seen the light now.
also I hated Julia in Tekken 3 but from 4 onward she's been one of my top faves.
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! Empty Re: Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love!

Post by Guest May 26th 2014, 4:47 pm

Pyrrha in general tbh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 27th 2014, 12:36 am

Believe it of not Ibuki from SF. She just didn't interest me at all and then one time I literally just tried her out online against Alisassy and found her v fun to use. Loved her since then.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Owlsighs May 27th 2014, 1:02 am

The Outsider from Dishonored! Also Daud the assassin, but only really because of the DLC.
Owlsighs
Owlsighs
Beginner

Rep : 4

http://http//:www.youtube.com/owlsighs

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW July 13th 2014, 1:40 am

Rig from DOA. Kween.

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! RigIcon2

IDK he was always just "what ever" to me since he was revealed but idk man his casual costume got me feelin some typa way.

Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! Image?&w=214&&bg_color=000000

smitten
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy July 13th 2014, 9:25 am

T Hawk i guess... Its the closest I came to it. Anyone else i get the sudden desire to use also gets the sudden desire to stop using soon after.

But lemme be real, if ya got a peen and i select ya in game, its a miracle madonna
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium July 24th 2014, 5:08 pm

Alisassy wrote:T Hawk i guess... Its the closest I came to it. Anyone else i get the sudden desire to use also gets the sudden desire to stop using soon after.

But lemme be real, if ya got a peen and i select ya in game, its a miracle madonna

Does that include Poison?  mwah
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW July 24th 2014, 6:08 pm

That was tasteless.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne July 24th 2014, 6:12 pm

Meleenium wrote:
Alisassy wrote:T Hawk i guess... Its the closest I came to it. Anyone else i get the sudden desire to use also gets the sudden desire to stop using soon after.

Does that include Poison?  mwah
Characters you didn't think you would like, but now love! Tumblr_n98ivlvqK11qiodg3o1_250
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy July 24th 2014, 7:59 pm

Poison rockin a veejay doh
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium July 25th 2014, 3:43 pm

I thought it was region dependent.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy July 25th 2014, 8:08 pm

It was, but i think they finally settled it for SFxT
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium July 25th 2014, 8:40 pm

...Honestly did think she had a peen. Wasn't even trying to shade.

Anyway, since I haven't made a post for this thread regarding what it's meant for, I'll do that now.

Tekken

No one really. Everyone I like now I knew I'd like before I played them. Though I didn't main Julia until Tekken 6. But that's only because prior to graduating high school, me and my local friends would play, and we had a rule that no one was allowed to use each other's main. And one of them mained Julia. 

King of Fighters

Don't really play this anymore, but I love Leona. Started out using Mai, and Leona to me was just another character in the game. Then I decided, "hmmm... I wonder what she's like." So I went to practice with her and fell in love.

Dead or Alive

Same case as Tekken. And Helena is the same case as Julia. Didn't main Helena until DOA5 because my friend mained her(same guy that uses Julia).

Street Fighter

Fuck this game. That is all. Pullum Purna is cool though, and probably no one knows who she is, because they put her in like one game.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy July 26th 2014, 4:32 pm

Pullum Purna don't belong to capcom, and she was in two or three games.

I mean i would die if SF EX characters were allowed to come back but alas.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium July 26th 2014, 4:54 pm

Well SNK should bring back Luise Meyrink. They have no excuse.  poff
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum