Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers Generation's All time best game?

+4
Alisassy
Delayne
CFW
Bosca
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by Meleenium June 17th 2016, 5:50 pm

Kagami-X wrote:I wouldn't put something at the bottom just because I've never played it unless I've played all the other games in its tier and liked them.

That's exactly what I was encouraging  jocelyn

Anyway, I don't know where everyone is. No one is posting here. Maybe everyone is just thinking how to sort theirs. idk.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by Bosca June 17th 2016, 9:20 pm

Probs don't wanna be the first, maybe you could go first? I will try to have it sorted soon.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 18th 2016, 10:13 am

Yeah when am on this site now its normally like a quick 5 mins. Too mich thought required here phone

I will do my lists but gimme time cause i want to loom up the games i havent olayed in matter of fairness

As you could guess from the mistakes i typed that on a phone...
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 18th 2016, 2:46 pm

Bosca wrote:Probs don't wanna be the first, maybe you could go first? I will try to have it sorted soon.

Alright, I'll go as soon as I think over my opinion of each game.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 4 Empty I'm sorry for adding my life story to all my reasonings

Post by Andy June 18th 2016, 9:41 pm

Top Games 1 through 7:

Tekken 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Bomberman Hero
Final Fantasy IX
SSX3
Dark Souls 3

Reasoning (even though you didn't ask for it, I have a big mouth and want you to know why):

Tekken 2 was iconic to me as a young'n and at the time felt very different and much slower than Tekken 3 which I'd played first, but was my introduction to characters like Kunimitsu, Michelle, and of course the Queen of all, Jun. The music was great too, and while I loved Tekken 5 (not so many fond memories of DR specifically since I'd already played a load of 5), I thought I'd put Tekken 2 above it for nostalgic reasons. The intro movie alone is worth putting it at the top tbh. I've not played any of the others but I think if I played Bomberman Hero as a kid I would've liked it. I don't play FF but IX has Vivi in it and he's cute. I put SSX3 above Dark Souls because it seems a new Dark Souls game is always coming out and it's all people talk about. I don't like the art style or grim aesthetic.

Top Games 8 through 14:

Pokemon Gold/Silver
Super Smash Bros. 4
Last of Us
Portal 2
Dark Cloud 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

I loved Pokémon Silver and put so much time into it as a kid. The music was some of the best in the series IMO and listening to the soundtrack makes me feel kinda melancholy I guess. I don't know, it's kinda hard to describe. I loved the new Pokémon that got added and the improvements made on the first trilogy. The fact you could go back to Kanto as well makes this still feel like one of the best Pokémon games, and I wish we could go to different regions in the newer titles too. 

Smash 4 was great even though I may not have put as many hours into it as Brawl or Melee...maybe about the same. I like that they tried to make it a little more playable for competitive players while still being accessible for average joes and new players (going back to Melee's speed will fuck you up at first). It added improvements people wanted here and there, and also added some great new characters like WFT, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Little Mac as well as DLC. It's "more of the same" pretty much.

Now for the games I've not played. I haven't played LoU, but from what I know a lot of people enjoyed it, it has a positive female lead who isn't sexualised or whatever, and maybe I'll play it if I ever buy another PS console. I played Portal 1 and while I sucked at it, enjoyed it and its concept, so I imagine Portal 2 was just as fun if not moreso. I imagine Dark Cloud 2 is similar to the first one, which I watched my cousin play as a kid and it seemed like a cute game with the dungeon crawling. GTA: SA I never played but enjoyed messing around in VC which I imagine is the same.

Top Games 15 through 21:

Soul Calibur III
Arkham City
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Mario Kart Wii
WipEout Fusion
Resistance 2

This was pretty tough. I put SCIII on top because I spent so many hours in that game messing around with character creation (which was so basic back then). I loved the CoTS mode too and wish something similar would return again to the series. The cutscenes and shoed in quick time events in them were cute too. I enjoyed the remixes to the themes from SC1 in the game, and the new tracks, new characters, and how different thematically it felt from SCII.

I liked Arkham City, but wish there was more Catwoman missions. Sometimes sprawling across such a large city felt like a chore as well. It wasn't as immersive as Asylum, seeing as I didn't complete the game right away and went back to it months later instead of finishing it all at once, but it was a good game. AC:NL was fun for the month or so I played it nonstop. I just wish AC would get shaken up a bit more. It's cute at what it does, but can get boring for some people. I enjoyed MK Wii but didn't like how the bikes were better than the karts, seeing as I didn't like using them. As for the other two, I enjoyed a WipeEout demo I had on PS1 so put it above Resistance. Plus I'm not too much a fan of gritty shooty alien vs marine games. I also wish Insomniac would go back to Spyro but oh well.

Top Games 22 through 28:

Diddy Kong Racing
We Love Katamari
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Bully
Sims 2
Gran Turismo 2

I loved DKR as a kid. It was different at the time for having 3 types of transport as opposed to just 1 in Mario Kart. I never played the others but, Katamari, from what I've seen and remember, is crazy, and totally different than anything else I've seen before. Ratchet, as a series seem really solid and I remember watching my cousin as a kid play the first few and I imagine since then they've just got better (or staler). Bully I never played, but I heard it had "gay" options, which is kinda progressive I guess, plus I think it'd be fun to play a bad guy assuming you can wreak havoc on the school. Sims 2 is probably more of the same from Sims 1, and I never played the sequel so I put it down there, and GT is bottom cause I never cared for realistic car games.

Top Games 28 through 35:

Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Pokemon X/Y
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Remember Me
Silent Hill 3
Skate 3

While I don't care much for most of the characters in the SFIII series, this one did finally bring back Chun-Li (what were Capcom thinking). The music is pretty good in SFIII too. Parries and the fact you had to choose just one super art made the game feel distinct before SSFIV. It's also of course attributed to the "evo moment" video too. Pokémon X/Y was great, making the transition to 3D on handhelds was done perfectly, and the character models were expressive and well-made. I enjoyed it, typical Pokémon fare. I liked it introduced a new typing to mix things up finally, and it was fairy! Yasss.

TTT2 I only played shortly, but it was pretty solid and brought back my favs from Tekken 2 so of course I was happy. The other 3 games I haven't played. I'm not a fan of horror games or skating games and would probably play Remember Me, but I'd not heard of it at all until now if I'm honest
Andy
Andy
Active

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne June 19th 2016, 12:00 am

My games all getting 1st and 2nd placements besides MKW (which I understand)

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 4 Tumblr_o900b69Of71qiodg3o1_250
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 19th 2016, 3:28 pm

Andy showing us slackers up. Embarassed
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 20th 2016, 3:34 pm

I think showing reasoning is a good idea too. I guess it doesn't need to be required, but definitely recommended.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 20th 2016, 4:26 pm

Here's my ordering.

Top Games 1 through 7:

1. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Bomberman Hero
4. SSX3
5. Tekken 2
6. Final Fantasy IX

Tekken DR is one of the best Tekkens ever imo! Great balance and mechanics, great stages, and great music! I've also always found the Sonic games to be very fun, including StH2. I've never played Bomberman Hero, but I've always loved platformer games. I don't believe I've ever played SSX3 either, though I vaguely remember playing a snow boarding game at my cousin's house back in the 90s. I don't know if that was it or not, but I remember enjoying it. I didn't grow up with Tekken 2. My first Tekken game was 3, and going back and playing Tekken 2 now, and the game did not age well to today's standards. And I also get quite annoyed with the Jun fandom, so Tekken 2 has to get that low on my list. I've never played FFIX, and while I do enjoy FF games moderately, the whole taking turns to attack was never that appealing to me. Although the Pokemon games are addicting for some reason, so those are probably the exception which is a view you'll see me express below.

Top Games 8 through 14:

1. Super Smash Bros. 4
2. Pokemon Gold/Silver
3. Street Fighter II
4. Last of Us
5. Portal 2
6. Dark Cloud 2

I've only played SSB4 a little bit, but I absolutely LOVE the SSB series, and they don't change much mechanic wise. And what little I've played of SSB4, I enjoyed a lot. SSB as a series is one of my top favorites, so that's why SSB4 is at the top of this list for me. I remember playing Pokemon Gold/Silver back in the day. Very addicting, like the original Yellow, Blue and Red. I grew up playing Street Fighter II, though I don't have that much nostalgic feelings towards it, I still enjoyed it a lot. I briefly played Last of Us. I borrowed it from a friend like a year or so back, and in fact, it's still sitting with my game collection. But I never got around to playing it more, and I didn't get that far. I dunno, it just doesn't draw me in. Now I've never played Portal 2, but the Portal series looks very interesting for me. I kind of want to put it above Last of Us do to my great interest in it. But alas, I've never played it. I've never played Dark Cloud 2. I don't even think I've heard of it. It looks like it could be a fun game though.

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Soul Calibur III
2. Soul Calibur II
3. WipEout Fusion
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Arkham City
6. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I played SCIII a lot and did enjoy it. It's a solid fighting game. I enjoyed using Talim especially, as well as Xiangua (spelled right?). I enjoyed Soul Calibur II, though not as much. I tend to like new games more than older games. WipEout Fusion is a fun game, and I'm a huge fan of racing games. I tend to like more hardcore feeling racing games moreso than goofy cartoony ones, so it goes above Mario Kart Wii on my list. But MKW is still a great game too. I've never played Arkham City, but it seems to get raving reviews and I do like Batman. So it goes above Animal Crossing: New Leaf for me, since I've never played the latter either.

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Diddy Kong Racing
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 
3. Gran Turismo 2
4. We Love Katamari
5. Bully
6. Sims 2

Now I know I said I tend to like hardcore racing games moreso than cartoony gimmicky ones, but I loved loved LOVED Diddy Kong Racing! As a matter of fact, it almost ended up in my personal Top 5 list! This was my first N64 game, and I played the living crap out of it! To me, this shit is WAY better than any Mario Kart game! To this day, I don't understand why this wasn't more popular and didn't continue to make more games. I mean this shit had cars, boats AND airplanes! All in all, this shit was fun! As for TTT, that was the first Tekken game that I bought (Tekken 3 I played, but never owned). This game is nostalgic and is probably when I started becoming a serious fan of Tekken. For Gran Turismo 2, I have played that a few times back in the day. Very fun game, but very technical. But I've always loved racing games and I'm very much into cars. I've never played Katamari but I've watched a lot of gameplay of it in the past. It looks like an interesting game. I've never played Bully either, but Rockstar makes a lot of good games, so this might be a game I'd enjoy. I've never really liked the Sims games. Not my cup of tea.

Top Games 28 through 35:

1. Silent Hill 3
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
3. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
4. Pokemon X/Y
5. Remember Me
6. Skate 3

The Silent Hill series is a great series. I'm a big fan of horror games and games that have a dark eerie atmosphere. Mario Kart: DD is probably my favorite Mario Kart game as it introduced a new unique mechanic. It's a game I played a lot and enjoyed a lot. SFIII: TS is fun too. I played it a little bit, though not too much. I've never played Pokemon X/Y, but it looks like it's just as good as previous Pokemon games. I've never played Remember Me, but it looks interesting. I've never played Skate 3 either and while it looks like it would be fun, I'm not into skateboarding games that much.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne June 20th 2016, 5:47 pm

Top Games 1 through 7:

2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
4. Bomberman Hero
5. SSX3
6. Dark Souls 3

DR is the only one in this list that I've played and it truly is iconic. I only got to play it when they released it for PS3 and I was super into the introduction of Lili back in the day. I loved the updated customization too. I put IX second because its FF and I love the designs in this game. I have a little figurine of Zidane somewhere. Sonic 2 is next because I love Sonic and I remember watching my brothers and cousins play this. Also its the introduction of Tails who I love. As for the rest, Bomberman is cute I wish he was put in Smash, SSX3 has interesting designs, and Dark Souls is not something I'd be interested in.

Top Games 8 through 14:

1. Pokemon Gold/Silver
2. Street Fighter II
3. Last of Us
4. Dark Cloud 2
5. Portal 2
6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Johto is my faaaave Pokemon region. Its just so nostalgic and had the best new Pokemon (Blissey, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Miltank, Togepi, Meganium, etc.) Street Fighter II also has a lot of nostalgia and there's this little game shop I occasionally go to that has an arcade machine of SF2 and its still just so much fun to play. Shoutouts to Chun-Li. Last of Us came with my PS4 but I never played it because it was too stressful and scary lmao. I watched my dad play it though and it was really interesting. Also Joel is hot. and then for the others, DC2 had cute designs, I like Portal's aesthetic, and I only like GTA when Coco Peru is ironically playing it.

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Soul Calibur III
2. Soul Calibur II
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. Arkham City
5. WipEout Fusion
6. Resistance 2

SCIII deserves the number one spot for that intro alone. Amazing designs, great gameplay, and Setsuka like what more can a gay ask for? II I played briefly back in the day just because Link was on the cover. I remember really enjoying it and thinking Mi-Na was so pretty. I've never played an AC game which I'm still gagged by because I know I'd probably enjoy it. I have a Reese amiibo and really want the Isabelle one that just came out. Its just so adorable. Arkham City is Batman so I can't hate it even though the female designs are awful, and the other 2's google image results didn't do much for me.

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament
2. Sims 2
3. We Love Katamari
4. Bully
5. Ratchet: Deadlocked
6. Gran Turismo 2

Giiiiirrrrrrrhl. TTT is one of my fave games everrrrr. I Literally was just playing this a few days ago that's how much I love it. The characters, the new outfits, the soundtrack just ugh. This game was everything. Sims is entertaining, WLK is adorable, Bully has gay options which is neat, I've never been into Ratchet and I don't like realistic racing games.

Top Games 28 through 35:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
4. Remember Me
5. Silent Hill 3
6. Skate 3

Tekken Tag 2 was just as amazing as Tag 1. I had never been so hype for anything in my life and it did not disappoint. Michelle's reveal was like top 10 most gag-worthy moments of my life. Double Dash was everything and its criminal that they haven't re-visited tag team racing yet considering all the new characters they have. I mean it was the Mario Kart debut for characters like Daisy, Waluigi and Birdo and more importantly the overall debut of Toadette. Its certainly a lot more different than most Mario Kart games but it just makes it more special. SF3 I love and Third Strike was the best because it had more than 2 female characters lmao. Chun-Li in this game was everything but I still gotta give it up for Kween Elena. Remember Me seems cute with its female protag. I don't do scary games but Silent Hill really is iconic. I loved the movie where Laurie Holden was the cop with the Ellen Degeneres haircut even though I had my eyes shut for most of it. and I don't do skateborts.
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 20th 2016, 7:49 pm

It looks like Tekken DR is gonna win this thing.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy June 21st 2016, 11:49 am

You've never played Sonic, Kevin?!??!?! What?!

There's a new Humble Bundle out where you can get all the Sonic games for around $11
Andy
Andy
Active

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 24th 2016, 3:11 pm

So are y'all gonna do this or what?
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 25th 2016, 12:14 pm

Meleenium wrote:So are y'all gonna do this or what?
 uh..... no?

Top Games 1 through 7:

1. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
2. Tekken 2
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
5. Bomberman Hero
6. Dark Souls 3

T2 and T5DR are almost tied for me but my baes Lili and Dragunov gave DR the edge. I like FFIX a lot, I never had it as a kid, but was persuaded to play it as a classic on PS3, I never got anywhere near the end but I enjoyed what I started. I like Sonic. The other 2 games I haven't played but neither really appeal to me.

Top Games 8 through 14:

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2. Street Fighter II
3. Pokemon Gold/Silver
4. Super Smash Bros. 4
5. Last of Us
6. Dark Cloud 2

I haven't not liked a GTA game that I've played so San Andreas can stay up there. SFII always pops up at the kind of events I go to and people (myself included) still get hyped playing it. I was robbed on Nintendo in my childhood, but if I wasn't I would have been so deep in the pokefag community by now. I've been tempted to buy the 3DS ver of Smash 4 but I rarely get my 3DS out. Last of Us has no appeal for me but I trust it would be good to play because I enjoy Uncharted. Dark Cloud I know nothing of but it looks charming.

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Soul Calibur III
2. Soul Calibur II
3. Arkham City
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
6. Resistance 2

I actually didn't nominate SC3 because I was aware somebody else had. SC3 is kind of the best SC game, and it has the most content, though SC4 and 5 played well overall they were both a step in the wrong direction. WipEout Fusion is not the most popular WipEout game but it was full of customisation and upgrades, it built up lore and characters for the league and included alternate versions of tracks which was cool. I played SC2 on my friend's Gamecube and had never played an SC game before (SC3 was out at the time) I instantly loved it and went to buy SC3. Arkham City is great but I don't have the patience or nerve for it, what I played of it I enjoyed and I regret trading it in without finishing it – so much so that I bought it back again, and then still didn't finish it. Mario Kart is always fun, kart racers are fun, I'm more into serious racers but I guess kart racers are a middle ground for me. I got way to competitive on Mario Kart Wii at a new years party with complete strangers. Sorry Bosca but I spent a lot of time on ACNL and I really don't rate it. The only thing I really like about it is the personalities of the villagers. Let's not even talk about Resistance.

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Sims 2
2. Tekken Tag Tournament
3. Bully
4. Diddy Kong Racing
5. We Love Katamari
6. Ratchet: Deadlocked

Sims 2 was so good. It really got me into the Sims and I think it was better than Sims 3, I also loved the spin off it spawned, The Urbz: Sims in the City. Sims 2 was a good era. Sims 2 had a good console version unlike Sims 3. TTT is not my favourite Tekken but obviously I enjoyed it. Never played Bully but always wanted to, it looks a lot of fun. Diddy Kong Racing kept me sane as a child with nothing much else to do at my mom's friend's house. Katamari is fun but I wouldn't say I Love it. Poor Ratchet kind of just got defaulted to the bottom of this tier. I like Ratchet and Clank but I did lose interest at that time

Top Games 28 through 35:

2. Remember Me
3. Pokemon X/Y
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
5. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
6. Silent Hill 3

Do I need to say anything about TT2 apart from I love it? Remember Me was a really good game and massively underrated. Whoever chose it for this list I wish you rated it higher amongst your games. I'm currently playing Pokemon Y and enjoying it a lot. Also I get to catch up a little with the Pokemanz I missed out on originally with it. Double Dash was one of the games they had at my school's breakfast club and competition was hot. Like when you see hyped up crowds at fighter tournaments. People used to get on that level for it. Third Strike is okay. It had really cool characters but apart from that for me its just another SF. Silent Hill seems cool but I really don't do horror.

Ugh that was exhausting to write yet somehow I feel I could have written a lot more.

Last edited by Kagami-X on June 26th 2016, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW June 25th 2016, 12:45 pm

Top Games 1 through 7:

2. Tekken 2
  3. Dark Souls 3
  4. Final Fantasy IX
  5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  6. SSX3

Top Games 8 through 14:

2. Last of Us
  3. Portal 2
  4. Super Smash Bros. 4
  5. Street Fighter II
  6. Pokemon Gold/Silver

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Soul Calibur II
  2. Arkham City
  3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  4. Mario Kart Wii
  5. Resistance 2
  6. WipEout Fusion

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Sims 2
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament
  3. We Love Katamari
  4. Ratchet: Deadlocked
  5. Diddy Kong Racing
  6. Gran Turismo 2

Top Games 28 through 35:

2. Silent Hill 3
  5. Pokemon X/Y
  6. Skate 3
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 25th 2016, 3:39 pm

You're not suppose to rank your own game Kagami-X.  (F@)

Top Games 1 through 7:

2. SSX3
  3. Tekken 2
  4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  5. Bomberman Hero
  6. Dark Souls 3

DR was originally on my list, but I wanted to keep the variety going, so this is the top game, it also was the game that got me playing some of you all for the first time and I feel it's why we're all here on this site. SSX series is one of my fave ever and 3 is often considered the best in the fandom and I can see why. Tekken 2 is iconic as they come and it still feels like the darkest and it was my first Tekken, also Jun's theme still makes me tear up. Growing up I've always been a fan of Sonic over Mario and I remember being so bad at it but I loved it, that takes a special kind of game. Bomberman is a cutie! I never actually knew he had a platforming game, but it really does look cute and I def would try it out. We need a Bomberman revival tbh. And lastly, the Dark Souls series seems cool, but I never get a real drive to give it a go, but I can appreciate what it does, but everything above are just more my thing.

Top Games 8 through 14:

2. Super Smash Bros. 4
  3. Last of Us
  4. Portal 2
  5. Street Fighter II
  6. Dark Cloud 2

GTA:SA amazed me when my cousin brought it up to play and I couldn't get over the map size and differences in the areas. Still never got to play it properly tho, but I know this is a good game regardless. Smash series is one of those weird ones I couldn't really love, but the roster of 4 is amazing and I know if I had a Wii U that game would be one of the main reasons I'd turn it on. Last of Us is such a gorgeous and tragic game. Also, Joel and Ellie are such likeable and interesting characters. Portal 2 has GlaDOS and she's amazing. SF II, I personally don't love the roster like Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike characters, it's truly iconic and I'm glad it exists. Dark Cloud 2 looks really good! I only have it at the bottom because it's only game on this part I've never really knew much about at all other than it's a sequel to Dark Cloud, which I've played the demo of.

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Soul Calibur III
  2. Arkham City
  3. Soul Calibur II
  4. Mario Kart Wii
  5. WipEout Fusion
  6. Resistance 2

Soul Calibur III may not have been a fan fave, but it's definitely my personal fave. It added 3 great characters and the story section was really cool at the time, it had a lot of fun and weird mini games like fighting that Colossus and even had a secret boss in Night Terror who was an amazing design..god I miss this game. Arkham City is amazing and probs still better than Knight tbh, Catwoman was a great addition and I adore the vibe and graphical style of the city. Soul Calibur II was a classic and unpopular opinion..but I liked Necrid. WipEout series is one of my faves raacing series and one that will be sadly missed and Resistance 2, I played a demo of this or the first one and didn't really like much about it tbh.

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament
  2. Gran Turismo 2
  3. Diddy Kong Racing
  4. Bully
  5. Sims 2
  6. Ratchet: Deadlocked

Tekken Tag 1 was the dream game back in the day, it was like Smash for Tekken. I couldn't believe I could get to see Baek and Hwoarang or Jin and Jun/Kaz in the same game.
I remember when I first got the PS2, I had a choice of five games and I was going straight for Crash and deciding the 2nd game, the guy at the store was like “Gran Turismo?!” I'm like fine w/e as long as I get Crash..and well turns out GT2 was the game I didn't stop playing for like 3 years lol. The rest I've not played, but DKR seems exactly what I'd want from a kart racer, Bully seems really unique and I do remember the hype surrounding it, Sims 2 seems fun and probs a game series I should get into tbh and Ratchet games I just never clicked with personally.

Top Games 28 through 35:

1. Pokémon X/Y
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. Silent Hill 3
  5. Remember Me
  6. Skate 3

I adore Kalos and it was the first Pokemon game where I really learned the deeper side of the game when playing other people and I also loved the multi battle mode days with Julian, Kev and John. TTT2 is an amazing game and offered so much content, also it's the first Tekken I attempted to learn properly, still suck but w/e I had fun. The rest again I've not played, but Silent Hill series really interests me and I feel so sad I never played a game from it and 3's protag looks great, DD!! was a nice mix up to the kart racing genre, Remember Me I remember seeing the first trailer and thinking it looked really interesting and Skate 3 seems like great game, but I never really loved skating games.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 26th 2016, 8:37 am

I'll get on my laptop and do this tonight
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 26th 2016, 2:11 pm

Bosca wrote:You're not suppose to rank your own game Kagami-X.  (F@)

I've edited my post.

You didn't see anything.  (F@)
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 29th 2016, 6:16 pm

I guess we're still waiting for Ikikar.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 29th 2016, 8:27 pm

Tomorrow i swear nogunny
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 30th 2016, 6:28 pm

Top Games 1 through 7:

1. Tekken 2
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Final Fantasy 9
4. Dark Souls 3
5. SSX 3
6. Bomberman Hero

The top spot was a no brainer since i didn't have to compete with DR. Tekken 2 was a great game growing up and it introduced my first waifu. I still remember being in the store and looking at MK Sub zero mythology and then i catch Tekken 2 and my life was never the same again. Sonic 2 holds a close spot because i absolutely adored Tails. I had Sonic 1 and 2, rarely played 1 cause 1 didn't have Tails. FF9 isn't my fave FF game ever but its cute, i haven't finished it but i might have gotten to disc 3? I can't remember how far i got. Dark Souls 3 is alright i guess. I caved in for the hype with friends on release day but i dropped it pretty quickly, and not because of difficulty. I was playing like 3/4 games at the time and it just couldn't compete with them. SSX3 i never gelled with. Tricky was too good of a game to follow, and i didn't like the approach of three different mountains with tracks all down them rather than the numerous individual tracks across the world. And did 3 have Macy Grey? I never liked Seeiah but i do love Macy Grey and i loved to bully Seeiah, push her over and shout "Cya baldy". Never played Bomberman Hero, and after finding out it isn't a traditional Bomberman game i cannot stand by it whatsoever. How dare it.

Top Games 8 through 14:

1. Pokemon Gold/Silver
2. Dark Cloud 2
3. GTA San Andreas
4. Smash 4
5. Street Fighter 2
6. Portal 2

Actually found this one tough, i knew the top 3 and i knew the bottom 3 but getting an order was eugh. OK so of my top 3 i played the shit out of one title only, so top spot has to go to Pokemon Gold/Silver. Represent my babyboo Cyndaquil. Dark Cloud 2, i never played, but i adored the first and this game looks like its an overall improvement. I do plan to get it on ps4, but not until i finish the current playthrough of Dark Cloud 1. GTA San Andreas i played but never owned, i liked the PS2 series even though i only owned GTA3. Smash 4 is next, its a cute game but i wish i had friends more inclined to play it and its a shame its a Wii U thing, cause Wii U am i right? Anyone i know is like "omg i can't play you in a fighting game" or absurdly good at Smash to the point they would say they play it hardcore/pro and Smash aint that type of game for me. Its a fighter but its party, its for shits and giggles not srs business. SF2, as a fighter stan, i feel bad putting it this low but w/e, was it that great of a game? I would play Alpha over 2 anyday of the week. It may have put the genre on the map but i dont think it stands the test of time. Portal 2 looks cute but i know i would get fed up and frustrated.

Top Games 15 through 21:

1. Mario Kart Wii
2. Soul Calibur 3
3. Soul Calibur 2
4. Wipeout Fusion
5. Resistance 2
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf

Mario Kart is Mario Kart. It wins and there is no discussion needed. Ranking SC2 & 3 against each other was weird and i found it hard cause i think i preferred gameplay in 2 but 3 had more aspects i liked? But SC3 brought us that create a character we all know and love, so it edges out. Wipeout Fusion looked like it coulda been my jam if i had it back in the day, i did enjoy some racers back then. Resistance 2 isn't my thing, but the multiplayer mode looks interesting. I probably would've had dropped solo mode asap. Sorry Shane, Animal Crossing doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I could see myself playing it and thinking its cute, but i'd get bored fast.

Top Games 22 through 28:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament
2. We Love Katamari
3. Ratchet: Deadlocked
4. Bully
5. Diddy Kong Racing
6. Gran Turismo 2

TTT top choice, again easy pick. Never owned a Katamari game but i have played a demo and its just stupid fun, i dig it (but evidentally not enough to buy). Never got into the Ratchet series, but what i've seen does have an appeal. Bully i liked, but like it has the same problem as GTA where after sometime i get bored with the story and ten i get bored with the open world. It was always fun to make him turn some of the other bullies into homos, tehe. ALthough they should love themselves and get with each other and not a fat small ginger. Diddy Kong Racing just screams MK64 rip off, even though it has flying and stuff. Just... I mean i get it was the craze to cash in on, but not on N64 when you have the king of the genre to compete against. Gran Turismo is a game i cannot play. I can watch, but i cannot play.

Top Games 28 through 35:

2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Street Fighter 3
4. Pokemon X/Y
5. Skate 3
6. Remember Me

TTT2 > MKDD > SF3. Simple as that. Pokemon X/Y had me buzzing for a new pokemon game to officially own and play, and i appreciate it made the grind easier, but there's just sooo many pokemon and i got to the point where i was fed up with the dilemma of wanting that shiny new mon on my team but no mons i wanted to part with. And there are too many types, being so long out of the game i couldnt keep track of strengths/weaknesses and in a game like pokemon i hate having a gap in my team. I need to cover all bases. Skate 3 doesn't seem overly fun, but i did always like making my own skate park in the Tony Hawk games, and the multiplayer aspect gives it the edge of Remember Me. It looks like a standard single player beat em up. I do recall being interested by the custom combo mechanics, but like i'd hit the point where i've made my ideal combo and there is no more need to swap it.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 30th 2016, 7:20 pm

I forgive you both for your sin, it's the AC way. :date:
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW June 30th 2016, 7:53 pm

Bomberman Hero is like the best game on the N64 #knowthat I reject this list wholeheartedly.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium July 6th 2016, 6:57 pm

Sorry I took long to do this. It was Independence Day weekend here in America, so I literally partied for the passed four days. 

Anyway so I'm gonna sort this based on averages, and since the most liked games have the lowest numbers, then it should follow that the lower the average a game has, the higher it goes on the list.

TOP GAMES 1 THROUGH 7:

1ST PLACE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

All user placements: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2

Average user placement: 1.16

2ND PLACE: Tekken 2

All user placements: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 5

Average user placement: 2.33

3RD PLACE: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

All user placements: 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5

Average placement: 3.33

4TH PLACE: Final Fantasy IX

All user placements: 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6

Average placement: 3.66

5TH PLACE: Bomberman Hero 

All user placements: 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6. 

Average placement: 4.3

6TH PLACE: SSX3

All user placements: 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6

Average placement: 4.5

7TH PLACE: Dark Souls 3

All user placements: 3, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6

Average placement: 5.16

That took a bit of time, so I'll do the other sets later. Or if someone else wants to do a one or a few of them to save me some work, you're welcome to  mwah
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy July 6th 2016, 8:54 pm

How shocking for a Tekken game to win Xtina

Tempted to have a DRO party in celebration
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next