Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.

+3
Via Purifico
Bosca
CFW
7 posters

Go down

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  Empty Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.

Post by CFW January 2nd 2012, 7:10 pm

This didn't really spark my interest until a poster (R) from 8WR was completely against the idea of a crossdressing male in SoulCalibur V.

Admin wrote:How do you guys feel about crossdressers?

while we are talking about the roster for SCV, not anything else.

R wrote:Complete turn-offs. If I wanted to bang someone in a dress I'll get a girl.

I ask him why having sex with one would cross his mind. It was completely off topic, imo.

R wrote:1. I'm bi
2. I don't like those types of guys so I would instantly not like the character no matter how good they are or what they use.

So they would be a compete turn-off like I said.

Other wrote:What about a girl that dressed like a guy?

I don't find guys who dress as girls attractive either (duh) but I don't care because I don't play a character just because I find them attractive. Voldo is like, my second main, really now! Although if you only play characters you're attracted to, that's fine, I certainly don't tell people how to play.

I don't think I could ever get over that. What would be so bad about a crossdresser in SoulCalibur or any other game? What is it?

We have Poison. There's always someone saying "too bad Poison's a guy" or "disgusting". Leo (pre-announcement) whom people just disregard facts completely and continue to call a guy. A more obvious one is Bridget from Guilty Gear, I know nothing about this character really.

Don't you think it would be a good thing to have some characters represent these different types of gender roles and sexuality? Why do people have to bring up having sex with a character to justify anything?

I will never get when one bashed a character or individual for something like that, but I guess it has more to do with themselves.

I just find it completely ignorant and hurtful and it will forever bother me.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  Empty Re: Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.

Post by Bosca January 2nd 2012, 7:33 pm

Don't hate on me for the Leo thing there was a lot of clues leading to Leo being male too and I just personally prefer Leo to be male.

I heart Bridget so much and even knew from day one he was well, male. Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2044967466
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  Empty Re: Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.

Post by Via Purifico January 2nd 2012, 7:41 pm

Dude sounds like he has issues deeper than that.
A lot of bi guys are annoying anyway minus Gotenks so...
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 2nd 2012, 7:43 pm

Welcome to the internet boo. Only like 1% of the people on it actually have a brain and talk about serious issues or talk about people without having to degrade it to sex.

Not that we all don't do that anyway, Miguel and Algol threads Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  556948658

But yeah, the internet has a shit load of close minded people and people that will hate anything that is slighty different to themselves.

Tbh, i think Bridget was made to expose those kind of people that would call him cute and then get grossed out and cry immediately when they discover its a guy instead of a girl. Poison was created too early and back at a time when it was unacceptable to display man on woman violence which is why she was made into the character she is. Leo was designed to be seen as either gender, and may have ended up with the female gender since its very uncommon nowadays for girls to be in games without showin off a certain amount of skin. I just wish leo had more girly customs so i could do a boy leo and a girl leo.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 2nd 2012, 8:01 pm

I'm completely for it. It can make the character more interesting imo.

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  Birdo3-CaptainSelect-MSS
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW January 2nd 2012, 8:01 pm

Poison was created too early and back at a time when it was unacceptable to display man on woman violence which is why she was made into the character she is.

And if she was what she was intended to be, she would be extremely dull to some people

Really what I'm asking is what's so wrong about the idea of these types of characters? We need more of these types of characters in games, imo.

CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 2nd 2012, 8:10 pm

Delayne wrote:I'm completely for it. It can make the character more interesting imo.

You called me lame for saying it would be lame if they made Poison a regular female.
Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3900897508
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 2nd 2012, 8:11 pm

CFW wrote:
Poison was created too early and back at a time when it was unacceptable to display man on woman violence which is why she was made into the character she is.

And if she was what she was intended to be, she would be extremely dull to some people

Really what I'm asking is what's so wrong about the idea of these types of characters? We need more of these types of characters in games, imo.

Exactly. But she probably is alot more excitin because this whole thing is such a controversy to people. If everyone was ok with it, it would more than likely be just as dull. It will still appeal to people, but it will also go under the radar of everyone else just like any other character.

And i honestly won't be surprised if it becomes that little bit more acceptable now with Poison (everyone is aware of her again), Leo and SCV doin what they are doin. It may take some time but this is the start. Next stop, official gay characters and not just people that give out gay tea Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2044967466
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 2nd 2012, 8:14 pm

Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  Venomspriteani
Says hi.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 2nd 2012, 8:15 pm

WhoreANG! wrote:
Delayne wrote:I'm completely for it. It can make the character more interesting imo.

You called me lame for saying it would be lame if they made Poison a regular female.
I did? Gerl I was an uneducated flop back then.

oh and hew dat I don't play Guily Gear spill the tea Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2706651067
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 2nd 2012, 8:16 pm

Is he officially gay though or is he just like Lee and gives out the tea? If he is, then its GG being ahead of its time again.

But that game isn't really part of the masses. Alot of people ignore it because of how hard it is to play well. Until Street Fighter, Tekken or SC do it, it'll stay ignored imo.

@Delayne
Thats Venom
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 2nd 2012, 8:18 pm

True..poor old GG really was ahead of its time.
You should all get a copy of that game btw, really has something for everyone.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace January 2nd 2012, 8:22 pm

BIRDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2210751961 Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2210751961 Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2210751961
Ace
Ace

Rep : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 2nd 2012, 8:57 pm

I have XX for xbox its an awesome game hard to master but so rewarding to play.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia January 3rd 2012, 2:01 am

On topic but not really contributing much:

Once in my school I for halloween or a con, I don't remember, I saw a guy dressed as Bridget, and I was like "oh. ok". I had no idea who Bridget was until now, so that explains a little.

Attempting to contribute now:

The problem with any sort of "sexually deviant" characters is that they are usually added for comic relief, and not really taken seriously. This is slowly starting to change, but in games that give you the option, like Fable, Dragon Age, or the Sims. I read a pretty cool article of the Uncharted series, of why Drake would make a pretty good gay character. link

Now. Cross dressing. The problem with this, is that I feel like it only applies to males that wear dresses/skirts, with heels and makeup. Rarely do you even think about women cross dressing, because it is just so accepted by today's norms that women can wear practically anything. If anything, they would be considered butch or tomboyish, but not really cross dressers. I'm not really sure what my point is though, but yeah, I'm not against it; I think every character will find a player.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 3rd 2012, 2:38 am

That article!!!! Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  2210751961

I'd love for Nathan to giv eout the gay teas tbh, but i need him to be straight cos i am here for him and elena. I'm not a crazy pixel lover that would want nate to be gay so i can swoop in and steal elena Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  986510235
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 3rd 2012, 2:47 am

I want Nathan to be gay so I can swoop in and steal him Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  4155784114
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 3rd 2012, 2:51 am

Gorl, u no he's get himself a taste for foreigners after all those years cruisin the world. What would he want with ur pasty ass? Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3432338176
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 3rd 2012, 2:55 am

A blowjob Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3432338176
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 3rd 2012, 3:00 am

You're not even legal. If he'd accept that it would only be for the jailbait tea so he can land himself in prison for those showers with the slippery soap Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3432338176
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne January 3rd 2012, 3:11 am

I don't care as long as I get the pixel peen Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3432338176
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 3rd 2012, 3:15 am

Send me his feet when ur done with him. Be gentle with them Crossdressing/Transgender Characters in Video Games.  3432338176
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down