Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken 7 Hype Train!

+5
Meleenium
Via Purifico
Delayne
GBI
Starholm
9 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tekken 7 Hype Train!

Post by Alisassy May 15th 2015, 9:05 pm

Meleenium wrote:
Bosca wrote:Is there an unwritten law that fighting games can't include more than one big guy character?

Yeah, uhh.. the similarities go beyond just being two big guys. They're both big ass robots, and Gigas seems far less special and more generic than Jack. And yeah, there is an unwritten rule when the series is axing the roster with the apparent goal of not having too many similar characters. 

We could have used someone else much more unique.

I don't even like Marduk, but they should have just kept him and leaved Gigas out. Marduk, at the very least, was the UFC-esque fighter (Vale Tudo is close enough to being UFC).

We don't even know anything about Gigas, and a human mouth has been spotted behind that helmet in the custom screens so he could just be a guy in a suit. More than likely a Mishima Zaibatsu or G Corp soldier experiment gone wrong. Besides, the only similarity they have is they are big. There's 4 school girls running around, whats wrong with 2 big guys?

As for the roster axe, its because people have been complaining its too hard to manage them all. Harada is dumbing down the game so more people will be willing to play and stick with it, we have to accept that or move on to a new franchise.

Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 15th 2015, 9:08 pm

@Melee
There is no info that states Gigas as a robot, he could easily be a human that got the Bane treatment, look at his skin tone changing from his arm to the rest of the body and you can see visible veins and their fighting styles are different enough for them to not clash, Jack is more clean and sharp, while Gigas is more aggressive and well basically stupid..kind of like Hugo from SF.

Also, Gigas seems more for the Marduk/Ogre crowd, no one that played them would look at Jack 7 as a possible replacement. So really I don't see where you're getting this all from, but if that's what you think then keep telling yourself that.  (F@)

Last edited by Bosca on May 15th 2015, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 15th 2015, 9:17 pm

NYC might get Tekken 7 at an event I am so going if it happens.
I will give impressions if I get my hands on it.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 15th 2015, 9:20 pm

テイク5 wrote:NYC might get Tekken 7 at an event I am so going if it happens.
I will give impressions if I get my hands on it.

I'm happy for you if this is true but i also want to wig you in jealousy Xtina
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 15th 2015, 9:22 pm

Who do you want me to try out if this event happens and I can make it?
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 15th 2015, 9:27 pm

Try out whoever, preferably new characters or characters with boobs cause those my interests, but do you fat
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 15th 2015, 9:28 pm

Definitely try out Daddy Shaheen.
fat
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 15th 2015, 9:31 pm

Ok Shaheen and the new gurls.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 15th 2015, 10:06 pm

Delayne wrote:
CFW wrote:There are two other characters after this and they aren't Nina
Is that one leak proving to be real then? With Kazumi and the Jaycee look-a-like being the next two?

Yes! I believe it was right about Yoshimitsu looking like he does months before he was revealed and Jack-7 so far phone 

I remember it saying that he looked like King Gainer:

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 6 121608_revolt_1
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 15th 2015, 10:42 pm

Oh I remember seeing that comparison too...so come on Jaycee, be a thing I'll love you as a new girl or Julia.  duca

Also what happened to Luke?
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 16th 2015, 12:44 am

Oh, I thought that fucker was a robot. I hardly keep up with the news of this franchise anymore. If it's some dude in a suit, then that's actually really cool. Way better than Marduk.

Unless.... Gigas is Marduk!  (@)

Why does that fucker get a suit though? That's cheating! 

Alisassy wrote:There's 4 school girls running around

That is a problem. Well, actually it's not a problem. But the lack of adult women is, and the excess quantity of school girls accentuates that problem.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 16th 2015, 1:33 am

Bosca wrote:
Also what happened to Luke?

Luke turned out to be Luka from Bayonetta. (@)
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI May 16th 2015, 6:33 am

Bosca wrote:Oh I remember seeing that comparison too...so come on Jaycee, be a thing I'll love you as a new girl or Julia.  duca

Josie and Gigas weren't out when Yoshimitsu, Kazumi, Jack-7, and the Jaycee look-alike were rumoured to be in Tekken 7. So Josie could be that Jaycee look alike. (eventhough they don't look alike confused )

Meleenium wrote:That is a problem. Well, actually it's not a problem. But the lack of adult women is, and the excess quantity of school girls accentuates that problem.

Agree. That's why we need Nina, Anna, Zafina, Julia back, and even Kunimitsu and Jun. But I have a feeling that only two of them will make it and that hurts me. omfgno
GBI
GBI
Active

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 16th 2015, 8:05 pm

Harada should retire sooner than later because his newfound logic is making the series stale. His logic behind what is iconic because it works for another game and his lack of making good adult women is troubling.

I appreciate what he has done for the series. But if Tekken ever should continue then it should be lead by someone else who is capable of capturing the spirit of what made Tekken what it is.

You have a problem when DOA is still making adult women (see Nyotengu) to compliment the schoolgirls.
Tekken is not doing that I mean sure we have Katarina but she's meh.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 16th 2015, 8:14 pm

テイク5 wrote:
You have a problem when DOA is still making adult women (see Nyotengu) to compliment the schoolgirls.
Tekken is not doing that I mean sure we have Katarina but she's meh.

That bitch is like 1000 years old.  jocelyn

But yeah, she sorta has a mature appearance/demeanor.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 16th 2015, 8:17 pm

If Harada were to ever leave he better take Michael Murray with him for those comments about black characters. Harada in general would just work so much better if he knew how to take criticism and not act childish when faced with it. He acts like somebody walked up to his mother on the street and slapped her right in the face when all they did was tweet to him that they don't like something they did with a character.
(@)
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 16th 2015, 8:25 pm

Murray is a straight up idiot I wont even get into how problematic he is on his own. And you're right about Harada, I called this during the whole thing with Chloe.

I mean sure the backlash was a bit overboard but he was doing too much as well. He is too old to be taking the criticisms to heart like this idk if it's because he's overworked or what but I noticed a shift between Tekken 5 and Tag 2.

And the lack of imagination with the music is a problem too. How the hell do you go from the likes of Xiaoyu and Jins themes in 3 to the diverse yet fitting music for stages in 4 to Moonlit Wilderness to this EDM mess?.

It's the same guy who did the music for the previous games what happened?. Everyone is praising Devil's Pit and trashing the rest.  deadbanana
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 16th 2015, 8:27 pm

I somewhat can't blame Harada for having childish responses though. Because most fans don't actually give him real criticism. They just complain unreasonably.

Though he should still know how to differentiate between a mindless complaint and a well thought criticism.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 16th 2015, 8:29 pm

I totally agree but I have seen him arguing with people who actually had well thought out opinions as well. It's like anyone who has anything negative to say trollish or otherwise they get cussed out.

Murray does the same thing too no wonder those two are friends they're alike in their own unique ways.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 16th 2015, 8:29 pm

Nyotengu is hardly "mature". She's childish as hell. Everything about her is childish  and the only thing masking it is her age she's pretty much an 18 year old brat. DOA making any type of woman is hardly an argument considering they make their female characters with one goal and that's to sell her out as much as they can.

My issue with this game is they're just reusing stuff that should have been changed already. Like they're screwing themselves over thinking that just because they added to something means that they can take something else away. Like they just gave up.

Visually (graphically) the game looks great and I'm really excited to play it, but if they replace another fucking character with a shitty new character with recycled moves then idk what I'm gonna do. I mean, at least with SCV they made it make sense. This is just too annoying. 

Also, if Anna isn't at least in the console version then I don't think I'll play this game long unless I really love playing Katarina.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico May 16th 2015, 8:39 pm

I am not seeing the childishness from Nyotengu her quotes doesn't give off that vibe to me either. Marie Rose on the other hand is definitely childish but that's because and I still believe she's not really 18.

And yes while they still make these characters to sell costumes they still make an effort with a mature design. What is Tekken's excuse when they make characters with substance in mind and not DLC fodder?.

As far as the characters go no one would be complaining as much if they went with the Tekken 3 route. Is it so hard to at least make characters related to the previous one to take on the mantle?.

With these newbies it feels incredibly half baked.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 16th 2015, 8:40 pm

テイク5 wrote:And the lack of imagination with the music is a problem too. How the hell do you go from the likes of Xiaoyu and Jins themes in 3 to the diverse yet fitting music for stages in 4 to Moonlit Wilderness to this EDM mess?.

It's the same guy who did the music for the previous games what happened?. Everyone is praising Devil's Pit and trashing the rest.  deadbanana

Hopefully there will be console remixes like how it used to be. Made by someone new.

Also, the lack of everything right now is kinda annoying to me like why are they rushing? 

Re Chloe: I think he truly was joking about it. Like I don't think he was in his feelings about it as much as we thought. It's already difficult to decipher the mood/context, even more so when English isn't his first language. But yeah I'm tired of him he can lick several unwashed asses. phone
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 16th 2015, 8:48 pm

テイク5 wrote:I am not seeing the childishness from Nyotengu her quotes doesn't give off that vibe to me either. Marie Rose on the other hand is definitely childish but that's because and I still believe she's not really 18.

There are different facets of childishness that not a lot of people see. It's definitely there in both Nyotentu and MR and a lot of the other female cast.

And yes while they still make these characters to sell costumes they still make an effort with a mature design. What is Tekken's excuse when they make characters with substance in mind and not DLC fodder?.

Selling DLC is not the only thing they sell them out on. Like the creepy posters and boob mouse pads.

Mature? Who? Team Ninja? Sis, come on... (@)

As far as the characters go no one would be complaining as much if they went with the Tekken 3 route.

I'm sure they would. Actually I think it would be worse.

Is it so hard to at least make characters related to the previous one to take on the mantle?.

With these newbies it feels incredibly half baked.

Right. I agree. The only character that does this that I actually like is Katarina.
The character choices are poorly thought out imo. They claim this Tekken has a very important story, but what is the point when they cut important characters that actually had story relevance?
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 16th 2015, 9:51 pm

Nyutengu isn't really childish. She's just flirty and a bit eccentric. In fact, she's very much comparable to Katarina in terms of flirtiness (that tongue thing they both do). But they both still seem like grown women.

Neither of them have the maturity level of people like Zafina, Julia, Jun etc... but they're both still more mature than the likes of Lucky Chloe, Marie Rose, Josie Rizal or Honoka.

Also, there's girls in both series that are more mature than both, but because they're younger [looking], they don't give off a womanly vibe. They still give off the feeling of teenage girls.

Someone like Kasumi is more mature than Tina. But I still see Tina as a grown ass woman and Kasumi as a teenage school girl. I don't get an adult womanly vibe from Kasumi, despite her personality.

I feel Nyutengu is in the same category as Tina and Katarina though.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 16th 2015, 10:32 pm

Not gone lie, i find it odd to complain about Tekken's treatment of women and then use Nyotengu as an example of what they should be doing... While Nyotengu is not an 18 year old school girl, if she was in Tekken people would still be complaining. She's not an amazing embodiment of female power. She's practically a slut. End of. Being older than 18 doesn't make you a star.

Of course, Katarina is a tad out there, but she is nowhere near the levels of Nyotengu. Anna is closer, but she's still quite tame in comparison.

And tbh, if Josie didn't cry for no reason in her intros / wintros, she'd probably be praised for being a girl that actually fights (despite that outfit)
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next