Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games?

+5
No78
Bosca
Delayne
Meleenium
Alisassy
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games?

Post by CFW October 20th 2012, 2:19 pm

Um, when I say Jaycee I mean the friend.

I don't even touch Jaycee in this game, sooooooo
I don't agree w it being a nickname since she's not Jaycee, but Julia disguised as Jaycee.

You wanna keep her? Fine, but I want Michelle then.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games?

Post by Alisassy October 20th 2012, 10:02 pm

I havent even touched Jaycee in this game and i played as Julia alot in T6.

I guess its cos i have Michelle but w/e, i'd rather Jaycee was her own thing and Julia was Julia
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 20th 2012, 10:11 pm

IA w u, Feet_Gotenks
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 21st 2012, 12:10 am

If neither of you even use her..why do you even care? Stick to your own faves then. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 318153131

Also it would be silly of Namco to make Julia go through this transformation only to make out nothing happened in the main games. Why not just make her a new character on the first game? they clearly wanted to boost her popularity (which I wasn't too happy about at the start i'll admit)..it's not like they did it to pave way for Michelle, she was coming along with the rest since they planned the console characters.

Julia is basically Tekken's Lisa/ La Mariposa and I think it's great. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 927277299
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 21st 2012, 12:28 am

BoscaBat wrote:If neither of you even use her..why do you even care?

Because I want the original Chang moveset, which is what I said twice.

Either bring Michelle back and keep La Marijulia or make her her own character. Rolling Eyes
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 21st 2012, 12:49 am

You didn't say the word "moveset" once. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 2706651067

TT2 is gonna be around for a long time before 7 even comes, I wouldn't even rule out an entire reboot by that time. We have an original Chang and a remixed Chang. It's a great time to be a Chang fan basically.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 21st 2012, 9:12 am

BoscaBat wrote:If neither of you even use her..why do you even care? Stick to your own faves then. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 318153131

Also it would be silly of Namco to make Julia go through this transformation only to make out nothing happened in the main games. Why not just make her a new character on the first game? they clearly wanted to boost her popularity (which I wasn't too happy about at the start i'll admit)..it's not like they did it to pave way for Michelle, she was coming along with the rest since they planned the console characters.

Julia is basically Tekken's Lisa/ La Mariposa and I think it's great. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 927277299

We may not use Jaycee, but we use Julia dummy. I highly doubt Julia and Jaycee will co-exist like Jin and Devil in future games.
If Michelle wasn't there, i'd probably use Jaycee for my Chang fix...

And i dont see how it would be silly for Namco to drop Julia being Jaycee for the main games. Do u think they'll keep Heihachi as a young adult? study
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 21st 2012, 10:44 am

BoscaBat wrote:You didn't say the word "moveset" once. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 2706651067

I thought it was obvious when I said either make Jaycee her own character and give us Julia or keep Jaycee and bring back Michelle.
psyduck
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No78 October 21st 2012, 11:22 am

This thread is a mess Alexz2
No78
No78
Active

Rep : 31

http://froakievalentine.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace October 21st 2012, 11:27 am

Axe Julia/Jaycee/Michelle and make the game a spin off about Ogre's life

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Unt4_zps2011dc2c
Ace
Ace

Rep : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by No78 October 21st 2012, 12:19 pm

Orgey wrote:
Axe Julia/Jaycee/Michelle and make the game a spin off about Ogre's life

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Unt4_zps2011dc2c

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Bedazz10
No78
No78
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 21st 2012, 12:28 pm

Banned
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 21st 2012, 2:53 pm

Julia should stay how she is now as Jaycee. Wrestling/Kung-Fu hybrid is unique. She's still like 95% the same anyway. All of her core moves are still her old moves, and most of her wrestling throws are just replacing her old WRESTING throws. She's never had any Kung-Fu based throws except for Mad Axes. The rest were always Wrestling, and in fact, a few of them are still her OLD ones(throw during opponent BT, d/f+1+2, FC d/f,d,d/f+1+2, throw during opponent crouch; all throws she already had).

So really, she's only a little bit more Wrestling than before. If we need a pure-wrestling Jaycee then Julia's friend should just join the roster(give the bitch a different name though).

I don't care what anyone says. Until I know the bitches name, Julia's friend ain't Jaycee, and that ending is just a stupid plot-hole from a non-canon game. Could easily be discarded in future canon games. Julia is Jaycee. It makes a lot more sense considering her initials.

Anyway, oddly enough, Michelle now is more wrestling than Tekken 6 Julia. How about instead of taking away some of Julia's wrestling moves, take away some of Michelle's and make her even more Kung-Fu based(Take off Julia's mask and stop dancing around in a shower room, Michelle!) Except we already have Leo and Wang as the pure Bajiquan and Xing Yi Quan fighters(The Changs' Kung-Fu styles).

Hmm.... guess Michelle can just gtfo then.

[/bait]
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 21st 2012, 3:02 pm

Alisassy wrote:

We may not use Jaycee, but we use Julia dummy. I highly doubt Julia and Jaycee will co-exist like Jin and Devil in future games.
If Michelle wasn't there, i'd probably use Jaycee for my Chang fix...

And i dont see how it would be silly for Namco to drop Julia being Jaycee for the main games. Do u think they'll keep Heihachi as a young adult? study

I don't think they will make Julia and Jaycee co-exist in the same way as D/jin, I mean that Julia will have her new moves still, I think Michelle returning is an easy fix and more likely would happen.

And yes Hei has been made young in the 3DS game and for the Playstation brawl game they have young Hei repping Tekken. They are the only two revamped character on that level.

And Ikr Melee, the flier didnt even say Jaycee.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 21st 2012, 3:26 pm

Keeping Wang instead of Michelle.
Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 2210751961
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 21st 2012, 4:29 pm

Delayne wrote:
Keeping Wang instead of Michelle.
Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 2210751961
Who even uses Wang???

I don't give a poop bout the wrestling moves. They look cool yeah sure I just want the ORIGINAL Chang style too.

Y'all may like the changes to her moveset but I don't. If they get rid of that style by not adding Michelle and keeping Jaycee then I'mma drop it forever and just not bother w the character anymore.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 21st 2012, 8:32 pm

Pretty sure Wang is indeed much more popular than Michelle. I do know that a lot of people talk about him.

Anyway, I was kidding about getting rid of Michelle. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her for future games either. Regardless, I don't want them to change Julia back to how she was.

And in terms of wanting an "original" style back; pretty much all original styles are gone, due to the simple fact that characters go through incremental changes. Tekken 6 Julia is way different from Tekken 3 Julia for example. Jaycee is closer to Tekken 6 Julia than Tekken 3 Julia is, unless you're talking strictly animation wise.

Last edited by Meleenium on October 21st 2012, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 21st 2012, 8:37 pm

I used Wang once for like 5 seconds and I dropped him like Rihanna drops albums.

Yeah, bring back Michelle and everyone wins. wooparty
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 21st 2012, 9:26 pm

Talkin about keepin Hei young in the main series and u throw out two flop games study

And i no the Changs always had wrestling in the moveset, nothin wrong with that, but Jaycee is too much. Its not Julia to me.

Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 22nd 2012, 12:11 am

Meleenium wrote:Pretty sure Wang is indeed much more popular than Michelle.

Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 Tumblr_mbhlzx66oL1qfk5k8o1_500
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 22nd 2012, 2:17 pm

Alisassy wrote:Talkin about keepin Hei young in the main series and u throw out two flop games study

What does it matter how good the games are? It doesn't change the fact that young Heihachi has been used twice after his first game and clearly how Namco sees him for the future. Rolling Eyes
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 22nd 2012, 2:38 pm

I always took the young Heihachi in Tekken Tag 2 as a sign that he's gonna die in the series. I dunno why since it's probably unlikely.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by No78 October 22nd 2012, 3:46 pm

He'll be old again in tekken 7, but they'll probs use a young hei for TxSF.
No78
No78
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 22nd 2012, 8:02 pm

I've taken young heihachi out of respect for his VA and figured he'll die in the main series.

And of course the purpose of the games matter when i'm using the comparison of a young heihachi staying being as likely as Jaycee stayin. If anything, ur arguement is just makin Jaycee less likely to stay since they reused young heihachi in one tekken game yet in that same game julia remained as julia.

Also, as for the PSAS poop, they're just using the current image. The old version is the more iconic one, but we also see the new version of Dante which is clearly disliked in favour of the classic Dante.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 22nd 2012, 9:47 pm

They have him young in Project X Zone too a Namco made game btw..

You can pretend that this weakens Jaycee chances of sticking around all you want, but that game was based on Tekken 6 and Hei was one exception simply because his original VA died, it's out of respect to him they've made him younger even in that game. Jaycee is basically a new character, they weren't gonna take out a mainstay moveset.

It's also irrelevant if people like the current Dante, it's not Sony's choice which Dante they get to use, same with Hei. You know how Marvel controlls who goes in MvC for their side, well it's the exact same thing. Namco and Capcom see these designs as the face of their games. SFxT has old Hei, but we all know Namco had no say with anything in that game.

Also haven't you all heard? White hair is out. Should Julia stay as Jaycee for future games? - Page 3 927277299
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next