Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

+7
Ambrosia
Via Purifico
Meleenium
Delayne
Bosca
Alisassy
CFW
11 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Bosca December 24th 2011, 1:44 pm

Pyrrha seems to take the best of both her mother and aunt. Smile

I Just want Setsuka replacement to be female and in her 20s.
I know Kagz likes the idea of a male replacment..so I think it would go down well for some people.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Delayne December 24th 2011, 2:42 pm

Ariesboy88 wrote:
Just give us a female replacement who is fab.
Just give us Setsuka

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 Turnit-1
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico December 24th 2011, 4:07 pm

Delayne wrote:
Ariesboy88 wrote:
Just give us a female replacement who is fab.
Just give us Setsuka

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 Turnit-1

I want Setsuka too, but shes more than likely replaced.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca December 25th 2011, 1:13 am

When is the next character reveal?
I hope it's a good end of the year for Setsuka fans. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 3489458876
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 25th 2011, 1:28 am

Really soon, Daishi said next week. Some modes will be revealed too.

TGN 31 is tomorrow I think.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 25th 2011, 1:45 am

What is TGN?

I keep thinking Tokyo Game Show, but that would be TGS.

Either way the reveal could come tomorrow on Christmas. It is a Sunday, and it would be within the parameters of "next week".

I'm excited for news though.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 25th 2011, 1:59 am

Tokyo Game Night. queen

This was TGN 30 from last month.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 25th 2011, 2:44 am

duca duca

--
No updates yet. Not even gameplay Sad

Anyway, I hope that when Talim comes back, her moveset is revamped in terms of the animations. Right now she is very bouncy and jumpy, and childish (which works perfectly for her current age), but I want her moves to grow and mature with her. I think she could get a lot more interesting.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 27th 2011, 7:40 pm

Speculation and some articles are saying Algol and Edgemaster.

I want them to be the CAS exclusive styles.
Especially Algol's. If this is true I hope he's still floaty. duca
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca December 28th 2011, 1:40 am

Edgemaster is like Mokujin right?
I wonder if they would give him his own OTT moveset?
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 28th 2011, 3:21 am

Not super excited about the reveal. Was kind of hoping for more "standard" styles to be announced first.
I hope they'll announce one or two more chars as well, otherwise at least I'll look forward to their new designs.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne December 28th 2011, 3:32 am

CFW wrote:Algol and Edgemaster.
*yawns irl*
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 28th 2011, 3:37 am

Delayne wrote:
CFW wrote:Algol and Edgemaster.
*yawns irl*

Take yo ass to sleep, tho.

An admin from 8WR really put everything in the developer's POV of their choices. I'll edit this post with what he says.

About Taki:

Baldulf said: ↑
Let's get this straight, emblematic characters like Taki get the shaft because they don't fit the image of the game anymore but we have to suffer Algol again?

Great, just great.

Oh I was waiting for this one!

This one is image. One of the primary criticisms of the SC series is "too much fanservice", which is a nice way of saying it has a ton of overt sexuality in a negative way. I mean, articles have been written on breast size changes from game to game. Daishi has even commented about this as a negative issue. So, limiting this took many forms. When figuring out how to limit it, one must ask a basic question from a designer perspective. That question is:

Is it less detrimental to replace the character, or to change their image?

Characters like Ivy were perhaps deemed too iconic, or simple to fix. People also don't scoff at her sexuality as much because frankly when you are giving off a dominatrix air, it's expected. She may be wearing slightly more clothing, but she is no less sexual as a character.

Characters like Sophie and Taki were deemed not iconic enough, or that changing their image was too in contrast to do. The sexuality present in these characters was frankly just out-of-character, and over the top. You could shrink Taki's boobs and remove her camel-toe, or you could just make an entirely new character, which falls more in line with moving away from the old.

@Algol:

Regarding Algol, the game engine is extremely unfriendly to runaway and turtling styles of play. If they put Algol in directly from SC4; he would get destroyed utterly, easily at that. Obviously he needs to be modified for the new engine, new systems and what have you. I figure this alone will make him bear only a passing resemblance to his SC4 self.

What Algol actually needs is an image overhaul. Feathers? Floating? Claws? Sword Arms? Bubbles as the projectile that come out of a gun-arm? Yeah there are better ways to represent all of these things from an aesthetic perspective that are much less ugly.

I don't even know what everyone was so shocked about either. Part of Project Souls emphasis, design wise, is to rectify the mistakes of SC4. Algol and Hilde are cited as those major mistakes. If you've been following what they've been saying and not had a head-in-the-clouds view of the development, it's very obvious he would be back in some form.

That being said, it should also be clear as to the kind of things they want to exclude, too. Perhaps maybe I just have that view because I already know, but it seems obvious to me. It seems that many people's speculation isn't touching on design sensibility. I have tried to say over and over in here that false lines of logic are being used in the speculative process, such as story or designer favoritism. The only lines of logic that are at all relevant are the design teams motives (not their personal preferences) and the ability to make the title seem like a departure from previous installments in many different ways.

If you look back at their choices, they all make sense within that frame of reference. If you don't understand, feel free to ask. As we get closer to launch, I am more free to explain certain things.

Also, Edgemaster is awesome. Don't hate!

He also said something about how uniqueness in a character's moveset should not be considered. I'll find that later.
Ffffffffffffffound itttttttttttttttttt.

Just a question- where does the line of logic that "They have a unique style, therefore they have to come back" come from?

I mean yes, on the surface it seems plausible, but if you dig deeper you hit a ton of snags. Snags like the engine is completely different, and maybe the designers realized some styles couldn't be modified into it without changing them so dramatically that they figured why not just scrap them or put new characters with new styles in their place?

Or what about the fact that these decisions are not inherent to "style" at all, they are inherent to roster integrity. The forces that go into choosing a roster are marketability and sense within the game system (sense within the game system has nothing to do with story, either). Uniqueness has no inherent bearing on any of these things.

My 2c.

It makes sense to have many original unique movesets/styles in a fighting game. Wouldn't that set it apart from other fighting games? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just wondering.

At the point where most fans of the game think that Rock and Astaroth are "clones", and that Lizardman is still a sisters clone, or that Maxi is just a different Li-Long.. I don't think the marketing department can parse what the average fan thinks of as unique at all (as it pertains to style), so why try to deduce that?

High concept ideas like actual style difference are lost in translation to the average consumer and player, and people are just going to make illogical assumptions about them anyways. I'm sure the marketing people probably know that, which is why their weight for roster seems to lean more on how a character looks or how they display their peacock feathers (I am not going to use the word personality, as that would be an insult to depth). It just doesn't make sense to have roster inclusion use a metric that is so impossible to pin down what the public perception of it is- but it is easy to know that the average consumer targets certain character traits, so they shoot for those and leave the play stuff under the hood when it comes to roster selection.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 28th 2011, 4:23 am

+ Vote for getting all that info together.

From what I've read in that forum, he seems to know the roster already. It would be interesting to see what he has said about other characters, to find if he unknowingly hinted at something, but I think I'll just wait for the game.
In the meatime, brb crying because the prospect of Setsuka returning is diminishing ever so rapidly.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 28th 2011, 4:44 am

Well he said he's trying to push us all in the right direction when it comes to speculating who will and will not return.

I still hope for Talim and Setsuka though.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy December 28th 2011, 11:18 am

Um, Algol? Srsly? Boo.

And OMFG at him daring to say one of the reasons for no Sophie or Taki is that they may not be iconic enough but ivy is. Sis, do not even. Ivy is not the Nina of SC. That title belonged to Taki, Sophie or Mina but it looks like all 3 of them got the shaft.

SC has no Nina now and never will.

And i think people would've embraced Taki's boob reduction (and definitely the lack of camel toe) alot better than the boobless teeny bopper Nasty.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca December 28th 2011, 12:09 pm

All hope it dead for Setsuka....and lol Ivy is the Nina of SC in my eyes tbh.

She may not have been there from the beginning, but she is pretty much the leading lady.

I feel bad at the lack of Mina and Talim here so far. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 3771085005
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 28th 2011, 2:58 pm

CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca December 28th 2011, 3:14 pm

Omg..it's like Gill and Urien mixed together..I like it. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 20348227

Edgemaster looks cool too.

I really don't think there's much point in predicting the remaining characters now..did anyone really see these two coming?
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 28th 2011, 3:18 pm

I want him to sit on me tbh no homo ehehehehe
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca December 28th 2011, 3:30 pm

I think he may be even more godlike now. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 1298727130
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 28th 2011, 4:17 pm

Algol looks interesting now. I may have changed my mind about him being back.

Maybe he shoots the bubbles from his crotch now. ehehehehe

I still want my Setsuka tho.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW December 28th 2011, 4:21 pm

Finally the gays get something!!!!!!! queen

Maining him tbh.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia December 28th 2011, 4:29 pm

Praise Lawd Jaycee!

I think I'll stay with Patroklos tho, he's a cutie pie.

---

Also:

Devil Jin as a CAS exclusive style?

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 L_4ef98cc48bfae

Sounds awesome
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne December 28th 2011, 10:02 pm

Hay algol bby wherez dem clothez?~???*?

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 4 Tumblr_lnjxeq84GM1qeahkio1_400
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next