Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken 7 Hype Train!

+5
Meleenium
Via Purifico
Delayne
GBI
Starholm
9 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 Empty Re: Tekken 7 Hype Train!

Post by Delayne May 24th 2015, 8:47 pm

I was such a Lili stan when T6 first came out because I had never used her before. I still really like her as a character and I love fighting as her but I just wish they'd stop marketing her as the 'Chun-Li of Tekken', if you will. Because we all know that spot is reserved for Ms. Death By Degrees huhself.

I would really like a positive LGBT romance portrayed in Tekken but that's just not what Asuka X Lili is. Their relationship is based purely on fetishization for young Japanese men and I can't get behind it. Plus her DR storyline was so much more interesting.
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 24th 2015, 9:06 pm

ppdrainer wrote:I try and find love in everything and not discriminate but I'm slightly petty w my Tekken rivalries as Gregory knows. I love both Williams sisters but it simply has to be Nina always over Anna. Whenever I see Anna's endings I'm like "Aww that was cute, she had her moment but...what is the real truth Miss Anna, how did that event REALLY go".

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_novpgxHRup1ri460d_500
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy May 25th 2015, 1:41 am

<3 ya babes
Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 Hzf5X06
Andy
Andy
Active

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 25th 2015, 2:09 pm

You know Anna not being in the game right now has me thinking...

I played Tekken 4 for like a total of 4 hours because I didn't like anyone in that game, but since then the amount of female characters have increased. Where are the other Tekken 6 characters? Why are there 3 Mishimas (counting Jin) in this game already? How is this fair? 

Looking at the select screen I truly feel that Gigas, LC, and Josie were wasted potential on actual returning characters, and I have NEVER felt that way about any character in a game before. I'm not sure who will be on this roster, but I guarantee Anna and Zafina are not on it. 

Now who do I have to look at as a potential main out of these lame ass characters they gave us? Katarina is exempt from this, but I usually always have two-three mains. Which were Anna, Zafina, and Julia.

Now I gotta change this shit because so far its still just Katarina for me. phonedoc
Before I sold my PS3 I was doing a bit of Yayou, so hopefully if I see more of her I'm impressed. 

This is the most lackluster poorly executed Tekken game yet. Only two of the new characters are likable and I don't know if I can continue to be excited for this game right now. @ me in two years when this game is on consoles to see if my opinion has changed.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 25th 2015, 2:23 pm

I know how you feel girl. I just need that standard Chang moveset in order to be 100% here for this game. Even then idk how much I'll enjoy it if my secondary faves Anna, Jun, Christie, Miguel and Kunimitsu aren't gonna be in it. I loved T6 and TTT2 because I had so many other characters to use that I actually really liked. Right now the only characters selling it for me is Shaheen and Katarina. The only other veterans I like that are confirmed are Lili, Xiaoyu and kind of Paul.
(@)

I still hope and believe that Jun, Anna, Kunimitsu and Zafina aren't going anywhere because I really don't want to see any of them go. A part of me is dead because of that ugly Chloe child using one of Jesus Christie's throws.
fastfood
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 25th 2015, 2:29 pm

I hate picking niche characters to like because people always like to take them away and then fans like to taunt you with it. 

This is why I don't follow Tekken podcasts/fans anymore. Aris, Rip, Flying Wonkey on TZ/Twitter always wanna poke jokes at Anna like "Anna is dead" or some dumb shit I hate people like that. They got their favorite characters in the game already, but I don't have mine and probably never will again... noparty
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy May 25th 2015, 4:39 pm

"Anna is dead". Tacky.

I'm ngl I haven't followed this much at all and idk how they're releasing it. Normally with Tekken games they release it on Arcade first and then port it right?

How are they releasing characters this time? Because the game is out already but they keep adding more characters to the arcade release slowly, idgi. And it's not like they're new characters, it's old ones that are missing and at this point in the series, everyone doesn't seem to change much from iteration to iteration so it can't be that hard to port them over surely. Idgi.

I just think the series needs a reinvention somehow, maybe just visually, or for characters to get modified looks. Keep the general iconic themes the same (Jin having flame pants, Nina wearing purple, Julia in Native stuff etc.) but give them a new look.

Tekken is mad boring for me to play nowadays tbh.
Andy
Andy
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 25th 2015, 5:19 pm

I get what you mean, but like this is the first tekken since T5 that has actually cut characters, excluding the bosses. T5 was like 10 years ago. I think this is just T4 syndrome all over again, and by that i mean its the follow up after a Tag entry. No one was checking for Revolution, it doesn't count. It's going from the biggest roster ever to massive cuts, and it doesn't help also this game has brought back time released characters.

And its the first Tekken entry we're able to follow to this scale and not have the full game available. Like idk about y'all, but back in T5 i got most of my info from magazines, not the web. DRO and T6 were the first ones i was able to surround myself with online deets, but they were full fledged games, we had everything to work with.

I'll blame the initial logo leak that happened way back when. There is an element of rush behind this, if that never happened we'd probably still be in trailer stages. Maybe a loketest.

@ppdrainer
The moves would be the same, but there's property differences to do (general balancing & making work with the new mechanics), outfits may be the same but they'll be remodeled, retextured and rerigged. Might be difficult or it might not, but dare say it takes time to do it right anyway.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 25th 2015, 5:21 pm

It's very sloppy in a way that they're not even done adding things to the arcade game besides characters, like the graphics and adding practice mode like a month after release. The roster choices are poor also.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 25th 2015, 5:38 pm

According to this, 'Hoochi's the least used character meaning he will die come Tekken 8 phone 

https://i.imgur.com/urH1orO.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/2oUDllI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nXeJf5K.jpg
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 25th 2015, 6:03 pm

They best not look at this information and take away Xiaoyu, Alisa and LC or else amma go burn Murray's Lady Gaga shirts phone
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 25th 2015, 6:08 pm

@ Chloe flopping.
ahh
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy May 25th 2015, 6:50 pm

@Alisassy

Right? I miss buying magazines tbh. That was also how I got a lot of my information before we got internet. I didn't get internet until about 2006ish in my house. We have everything so instant now. Exclusives were what sold magazines and made them fly off shelves. Now they're useless
Andy
Andy
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 25th 2015, 6:56 pm

9 is my favorite number... 

Katarina is ranked 9th meaning that I was destined to main her. 

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 33r3x5td
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 27th 2015, 12:46 am

Turns out there's another update coming. The game is updated by a letter system, so this one will be version G (currently downloading) and it'll be available on the 4th. 

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 CF5vvdgUsAEmrUy
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 28th 2015, 5:50 pm

This might be the graphical update. But hopefully they'll try to sneak a few things in there and the hackers shall expose cause its nothing new to T7 at this point What a Face
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 28th 2015, 6:44 pm

But will they finally update with exclusive Shaheen customization options?? Or at least a shirtless option?? Its probably too early to want this but by the time this hits consoles they better take a VF route and let me equip the men with different types of body and facial hair so I could actually stomach most of them.

Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 33r3x5td
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 28th 2015, 7:00 pm

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/603130956501876736

So there's more tweets but long story short, pixel art for characters on Tekken Net, some have multiple outfits and the phrase "old outfit" is thrown amongst some of them. Hwo and King's current T7 look (aka the 'iconic' look) have this phrase. So they might be getting new looks.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 29th 2015, 12:48 am

Kazumi is playable! She's amazing. duca
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne May 29th 2015, 1:10 am

YYYYAAAASSSSSSS MAMA KAZUMI BITCH!!!!!
jonny
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 29th 2015, 1:24 am

ppdrainer wrote:<3 ya babes
Tekken 7 Hype Train! - Page 9 Hzf5X06

That's giving me Rachel tea.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 29th 2015, 1:26 am

Bosca wrote:

Kazumi is playable! She's amazing. duca

That bitch got a fucking tiger?! What?!  duca
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI May 29th 2015, 7:33 am

This is boring. All those time-released characters have been such a disapointment so far.

Jin: I've never liked him but I'm OK with him being there. Though, I wish he died in that desert.
Devil Jin: In a roster supposed to be cut, I think he's a waste of slot. Gameplay-wise, he is a Mishima (and we already have two of them). Design-wise he's basically Jin with tattoos and black wings. Boring.
Gigas and Josie: An insult to Marduk and Bruce fans.
Jack and Yoshi: They are the only ones I'm glad they're here.
Kazumi: Another Kasumi Todoh/Aoi Umenokouji (which is not a bad thing) without the interesting fighting style and a Mishima gameplay. That makes four of them.

Dumb as they are, they're going to announce Devil Kazumi next week ...

https://twitter.com/BlakeJarodJ/status/604144978986586112

I hope it's true. We need that third row.
GBI
GBI
Active

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 29th 2015, 3:49 pm

I'm actually in love with her version of the Tsunami Kick (WS 4,4)

It'll be interesting to finally see her outside of that awful AI that made it look like she had two moves.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 29th 2015, 4:50 pm

GBI wrote:
Kazumi: Another Kasumi Todoh/Aoi Umenokouji (which is not a bad thing) without the interesting fighting style and a Mishima gameplay. That makes four of them.

She's the best of all of them though.  Alexz2
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next