Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

+4
Bosca
barbiegirl
Alisassy
Via Purifico
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next - Page 2 Empty Re: Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

Post by Delayne October 14th 2017, 4:41 pm

Bosca wrote:One of the things I loved about the 3D fighters is that generally the majority of fans will always see their main. Cuts when shittier characters get in is so annoying, they had us worried for even Nina getting in at one stage and it was not fun.
tbh that's why I recommended it because I'm part of the minority of people who didn't get a single main added in the game and if they keep up with the trend of keeping the same roster + a few newbies I fear we'll never see Julia or Anna again until TTT3. and if they decide to pull a Zafina on Katarina then I'm truly fucked for T8.
(@)

Their cuts probably shouldn't be as big as MK or SF like they obviously shouldn't cut popular characters like Asuka, Hwo, Steve etc. just for the heck of it but I'm just saying if I see Gigas or the Bears make it in T8 over JuLeiAnna then I'm gonna create a bunch of fake twitter accounts to cyber bully Harada and Michael Murray until they delete their accounts and quit their jobs.
fastfood
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next - Page 2 Empty Re: Tekken: concerns and questions where will the series go next

Post by Meleenium October 14th 2017, 5:17 pm

They should just hurry it up with the Tekken/DOA crossover.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 15th 2017, 9:21 pm

Girl it took them this long to get remotely close to the TxSF crossover. I don't want Tekken attempting another...

I'm with Shane, I'd rather they don't take the SF/MK approach cause it's messy and there is a good chance that you won't see a fave ever again until the dream match game. If anything, for T8 they might do a T5 and bring back the vets that were missing.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 16th 2017, 12:16 am

Alisassy wrote:If anything, for T8 they might do a T5 and bring back the vets that were missing.
This would be ideal for me tbh.
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 16th 2017, 12:48 am

Meleenium wrote:They should just hurry it up with the Tekken/DOA crossover.
Keep it.

I keep bouncing back and forth through characters it's ridiculous I've never felt so lost trying to find a main and for it to go on THIS long is just... annoying.
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 16th 2017, 1:19 am

Then maybe a Tekken/DOA Xtreme Beach Bowling crossover then.  (@)
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 16th 2017, 5:52 am

With vr school girls
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 16th 2017, 8:50 am

CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne October 16th 2017, 11:40 am

Not to sound like a hateful bitch but when will he retire
(F@)
Delayne
Delayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca October 16th 2017, 3:35 pm

I can't believe they think their choices for console characters is good as it is. Ophelia is the result of my rage over this.  Xtina
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 16th 2017, 7:22 pm

Girl... Tag 2 was a complex game. Its not just because of the big roster, it was mainly the tag mechanics. Naturally harder to adjust to someone because two characters can play different, the damage was ridiculous so one mistake could cost the round, team synergy was a thing and some people can't manage two health bars in a way that losing one means a loss.

"Its not so simple to add old characters"... Yeah, well its not so simple to reduce the complexity of tekken merely to roster size. Sure it doesn't help, but it's not the main problem, and it wasn't a problem until Tag 2. 

I'd let them away with the excuse if they didn't dumb down oki, the biggest killer of all noobs, in T7. And out of all the "rage" inducing characters in the series history, T7 already has the main culprits playable.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium October 17th 2017, 10:44 pm

Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW October 18th 2017, 9:37 pm

jvjhvkkjhvjh
CFW
CFW
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBI October 19th 2017, 2:54 pm

Alisassy wrote:Girl... Tag 2 was a complex game. Its not just because of the big roster, it was mainly the tag mechanics. Naturally harder to adjust to someone because two characters can play different, the damage was ridiculous so one mistake could cost the round, team synergy was a thing and some people can't manage two health bars in a way that losing one means a loss.

I agree with most of what you said but the bold part. TTT2 matches played by average to very good players were the longest the entire saga had, time was even adjusted to 80 seconds instead of 60. So I don't think damage was an issue since rounds lasted longer.
Also, the most damaging juggle you could do gave the opponent rage/tag crash ability, which was a good idea balancewise.
I think the main flaw of TTT2 gameplaywise was that you could punish your opponent in raw tagging while being hit. Without that, TTT2's gameplay would have been perfect imo.

What was great about TTT2 too was that all the mechanics were useful. in 7, you could take away Rage Arts and Power Crush and my playstyle wouldn't change a bit. Alexz2
GBI
GBI
Active

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy October 19th 2017, 7:20 pm

I agree most pro matches went down to the wire, but let's not pretend Harada is talking about the hardcore audience when he talks about TT2 being complex. Pros could manage two health bars and knew the risks of raw tags. TT2 was a very unforgiving game if it was your first encounter with the series. And for casuals it heavily favoured the solo player in a 2v1
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2