Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

+7
Ambrosia
Via Purifico
Meleenium
Delayne
Bosca
Alisassy
CFW
11 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 9:13 pm

Agreed, i might rent it this is too much of a gamble to spend 60 dollars on you know what i mean?
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 Empty Re: SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land

Post by Ambrosia January 22nd 2012, 9:21 pm

For now, I decided to just accept whatever the game is (It's on the right track baby, it was just rushed this way elephant ). I mean, up until the last few weeks before these recent leaks, I thought the game was going to be amazing, and all that stuff that I knew was amazing is still part of the game. Not only that, but I also considered the fact that they did not decide to officially release all this information, it got leaked. There's no really no point in getting angry anymore without letting them explain themselves (or letting the game do it for them).

For now I just hope they have the right mind on their heads and continue working on all the stuff they would have wanted to put in the game and release it as (hopefully cheap or free) DLC.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 9:46 pm

How could Namco think this was okay to green light an unfinished game?
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X January 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm

Ambrosia wrote:For now I just hope they have the right mind on their heads and continue working on all the stuff they would have wanted to put in the game and release it as (hopefully cheap or free) DLC.

Would you not prefer that you had a good game to start with?

@Aries

Nope, I don't get what you mean, I'm paying in pounds phone
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 22nd 2012, 9:51 pm

@Kagz
I like when stories leave with questions unanswered cause you can just sorta create your own story from it. Razz

Ambrosia wrote:
For now I just hope they have the right mind on their heads and continue working on all the stuff they would have wanted to put in the game and release it as (hopefully cheap or free) DLC.

This is the last thing you should encourage. afraid
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 9:54 pm

Kagami-X wrote:

Nope, I don't get what you mean, I'm paying in pounds phone

I know you are paying in pounds, its still a nice amount of money to throw away on something that might be bad phone
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 22nd 2012, 10:29 pm

Lol, the DLC will never be free. Games companies need to stop their focus on DLC, but it is the money maker now. DLC is the one thing u cannot do pre-owned sales on so the company will never lose any money to the middle man. I just wish games companies didn't see this as an excuse to sell unfinished products.

And the story is a 50/50 for me. While it's nice they r takin the route of giving a full fleshed story mode, its not good that so many characters will get ignored. I mean come on, what is the point of them having a back story if their story never develops anywhere in the game. It actually makes the idea of removing certain characters because they couldn't work with the new story even more bullshitty since the characters they created for this story don't even get involved. PS, u better not get comfortable with this idea cos it is the biggest thing i hate about VF.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 10:35 pm

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:Lol, the DLC will never be free. Games companies need to stop their focus on DLC, but it is the money maker now. DLC is the one thing u cannot do pre-owned sales on so the company will never lose any money to the middle man. I just wish games companies didn't see this as an excuse to sell unfinished products.

And the story is a 50/50 for me. While it's nice they r takin the route of giving a full fleshed story mode, its not good that so many characters will get ignored. I mean come on, what is the point of them having a back story if their story never develops anywhere in the game. It actually makes the idea of removing certain characters because they couldn't work with the new story even more bullshitty since the characters they created for this story don't even get involved. PS, u better not get comfortable with this idea cos it is the biggest thing i hate about VF.

Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz Alexz
Might as well kept the original IV roster.
The blind defenders on gamefaqs is funny as hell
Or... because they're the new protagonist/deuteragonist they'll be meaningful to the story and thus we need to pay attention to them so they can drive it forward.

This story only impacts the anlexandria's no one else so how important is the story really?
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 22nd 2012, 11:15 pm

I understand the focus the alexandria's are gettin, they are gonna be the new weilders of SC and SE (so it is hinted anyway) so obviously they will be the main characters of the story.

But there's a 20+ roster. There's some complex stories with the newbies (Xiba & Leixia being related and travelling together, Xiba bein sent to acquire the Kali-Yuga which still belongs to Kilik apparently, Viola obvs being Amy, etc) and then obvs there are the boring stuff with the oldies that are men they decided are too good to let go of. I don't care about them but i'd like to think they were kept for a reason other than their lack of a vagina.

SC's story is takin a MK route, but MK made it work for alot of playable characters and even if u never got to be them, they made an appearance. Heck, SC was the biggest pile of shite ever and even though it focused on a minoirty they still made all the cast have their part, relevant or not.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 11:20 pm

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457741&page=37
No survival or team battle mode so far on the list of missing modes.

Like you said, there's a plethora of characters with interesting stories minus Natsu they could have had the decency to give them an ending at least.
I can't believe how anyone could defend this bullshit,sounds like to me they just wanted to get rid of characters to just get rid of them.
Daishi is a fucking liar, he said the time skip would have relevance but so far that only applies to the alexandria's
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 22nd 2012, 11:27 pm

SCVI: 10 characters, no offline modes, CAS that lets u create a 30ft tall boob monster and only 4 unique styles.

Preorder now SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 2044967466
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 11:28 pm

omglmao
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 22nd 2012, 11:31 pm

Are you all still getting this?
I'm gonna be shocked if you do..tho I won't judge you. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 2706651067
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 11:36 pm

Not buying this game, at first i though maybe i should give it a chance and rent it but hell no.
Missing modes?,3 mimics 3 clones including Pat trying to pretend to be setsuaka and no new weapons shown so far. Fuck PS.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 22nd 2012, 11:38 pm

I want to support Namco fighters..but kinda want them to learn they can't do crap like this and get away with it.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 22nd 2012, 11:39 pm

WhoreANG! wrote:Are you all still getting this?
I'm gonna be shocked if you do..tho I won't judge you. SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 2706651067

As much as i am annoyed, i can still see myself buying this on release. I'm even considerin the pre-order so i can get as much out of the game as possible SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 1922093056
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 11:43 pm

Sassy_Sasquatch wrote:
WhoreANG! wrote:Are you all still getting this?

As much as i am annoyed, i can still see myself buying this on release. I'm even considerin the pre-order so i can get as little out of the game as possible SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 1922093056

Fixed phone
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 22nd 2012, 11:51 pm

omfg read this page again at the near bottom so much was removed
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457741&page=37
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 23rd 2012, 12:04 am

What is NeoGaf? how come markman post there?
This is lame..I get the gameplay is top notch to these guys..but some people need the whole package.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 23rd 2012, 12:08 am

Takes more than just good gameplay to sell a game especially for a fighter with lack of modes. They act like the hardcore is the majority when it isn't. I loved how they flamed DR2K for telling the truth, like it or not you are not the majority catering a game to a certain group does not bring in the bread. All groups have to be considered.

Have people forgot why they played these games in the first place? it was to have fun.
And anyone who says otherwise is lying.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 23rd 2012, 12:26 am

Sure just look at UMvC3 and the amount that has sold. The only people that were gonna buy that were the casuals that missed out on MvC3 and the hardcores, and even than MvC has a ridiculously (and stupidly) large following. SF is the only fighting game that has a bigger followin, and when i say that i am only accountin for hardcores and mainly the western scene.

I don't care about broken messes and if everyone can easily punish certain attacks, they can be patched after release. And even then, balance is ore important for arcade release. This is console, casuals will always outrank the hardcores on the console.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrosia January 23rd 2012, 12:28 am

I am definitely not endorsing DLC, it's more like I kind of gave up at this point in time. I'm a pretty rabid fanboy, so I'll be getting the game no matter what.

It's just that in gaming, there are developers, and then there are publishers. Developers love making games, Publishers love making money. Typical conversations go like this:
Publisher: You have this much time and this much money to make a game. Go.
Developper: Ok, sounds fine.
P: Btw, add this mode and this crazy character. And have some fanservice too, gamers like boobs showing.
D: But that doesn't really match what we want to do this time, and if we add all that we might not have time to do other important stuff.
P: Whatever, get rid of the less popular characters then, they are not worth our money.
D: But some players love those characters! We can't just do that!
P: Hmm... say it's in the future or something. Yeah! that's it, it's in the future so they all died. And while you're at it, get rid of all the women who aged too much.
D: None of them are old enough to fight though...
P: What about her? isn't she like 45?
D: No! she's just 34!
P: Same difference, she's out. Replace her. We need new fresh faces so people think it's a fresh new game.
D: deadbanana So you just want us to replace every character under 30 then? We're going to need more time.
P: Nope, just the females. Males can stay, they'll look older and badass. Gamers like that.
D: Our players are going to be mad we took away all of their favorite characters.
P: OMG. You are a genious! We'll give them those as DLC and make more money! That's why I hire you!
D: Kill. me. now.
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Active

Rep : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy January 23rd 2012, 12:32 am

SoulCalibur V hype train has arrived at General land - Page 15 2210751961
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca January 23rd 2012, 12:32 am

Lol that was pretty funny and sadly probably not far from the truth..
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico January 23rd 2012, 12:38 am

death lmao
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum