Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers Generation's All time best game?

+4
Alisassy
Delayne
CFW
Bosca
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by Meleenium May 27th 2016, 7:17 pm

Wow, I almost picked Diddy Kong Racing lol Whoever picked that, you're awesome! I effectively have 6 favorites on the list Alexz
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by CFW May 27th 2016, 7:45 pm

Why are my choices so obvious I'm so plain
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 27th 2016, 10:13 pm

Bit shocked at some of the entries really, but overall a decent list. Only thing is there is quite a few ganes i havent played on that, so it doesnt feel fair to judge it when i obvs want it off the list.
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 28th 2016, 2:30 pm

So when do we start?
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 28th 2016, 2:49 pm

Alisassy wrote:Bit shocked at some of the entries really, but overall a decent list. Only thing is there is quite a few ganes i havent played on that, so it doesnt feel fair to judge it when i obvs want it off the list.
That's kind of unavoidable tho, we'll just have to hope that people can have an open mind when it comes to those games.

@Melee, we can start right now, what game you think should be kicked off?
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 28th 2016, 4:43 pm

Bosca wrote:
Alisassy wrote:Bit shocked at some of the entries really, but overall a decent list. Only thing is there is quite a few ganes i havent played on that, so it doesnt feel fair to judge it when i obvs want it off the list.
That's kind of unavoidable tho, we'll just have to hope that people can have an open mind when it comes to those games.

@Melee, we can start right now, what game you think should be kicked off?

idk, I thought we were gonna do this Hurt/Heal style like when we did it with Tekken characters.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 28th 2016, 4:56 pm

Ok, since we haven't actually begun, we can still work out the best way to do this. I think the h/h way would make it easier and flow better. We could also randomize pairs and do a vote off between the games. What do you all think?
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW May 28th 2016, 5:25 pm

I actually thought it was gonna be done the h/h way (@)
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 28th 2016, 5:40 pm

H/H is fun, but it could take forever to get it done since there's so few of us.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 28th 2016, 8:35 pm

Bosca wrote:H/H is fun, but it could take forever to get it done since there's so few of us.

We have forever, so I don't think it's a big deal.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 28th 2016, 9:33 pm

Ok, I'm convinced..what was the standard starting number again? We'll obvs do heal by 2 and hurt by 3.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 28th 2016, 10:39 pm

I was thinking it would be more of a debate than hurt heal. People normally got petty and made pacts to save faves
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 28th 2016, 10:50 pm

It was, but people don't seem into that. I could drop one game from my list and we could do the randomized pair and basically choose between each pair. That way it's easier to get a flow and we're still gonna have debates. I could be fun cause imagine it was SoulCalibur 2 vs SoulCalibur 3 or so on.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 28th 2016, 11:23 pm

Bosca wrote:Ok, I'm convinced..what was the standard starting number again? We'll obvs do heal by 2 and hurt by 3.

I think the starting number was 20.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 28th 2016, 11:43 pm

Alisassy wrote:I was thinking it would be more of a debate than hurt heal. People normally got petty and mad
I Have an idea. How about everyone lists their favorites in order of most to least. Then we can put all the faves of a given rank in a corresponding category, and go from there.

For example, say User 1's faves, in order from most to least is:

1. Tekken 
2. Super Mario
3. Need for Speed
4. Bayonetta
5. Minecraft

Let's say User 2 says his favorites, in order, are:

1. Sonic 
2. Donkey Kong
3. Metroid
4. Final Fantasy
5. Tomb Raider

And then User 3 says it's:

1. Uncharted
2. Mortal Kombat
3. God of War
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. World of Warcraft

Then we divide all these games into ranks.

Everything that was voted as a number 1 favorite by an individual user goes into the top rank. For example:

Tekken
Sonic
Uncharted

And Rank 2 would be:

Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Mortal Kombat

And so on and so forth. For each rank, we can gather a consensus from the users for which game they think is the best in the given Rank. At this point, each user should refrain from choosing the game they already picked as their top fave. For example, User 1 can't choose Tekken as the best in Rank 1 since he is the reason Tekken is already in the top rank. Users are free to choose a game they haven't played as their least favorite. For example, if User 1 has played Sonic and not Uncharted, he can choose Sonic with that judgement. If he's played neither, he should choose which game looks the most interesting to him, as in, which game he'd be more willing to play.

So what do you guys think? If you don't like this idea, then I guess we can go with hurt/heal, though I have bad memories of that from TN. And I can also see myself neglecting the game in the future due to a feeling of "can't be bothered with it". This, I think, will go a lot quicker and people won't grow tired of it over time. I think it'll be nice to try something fresh and new.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 29th 2016, 12:18 am

Hmm, the ranking thing seems like we could get there in the end quicker, but i'd be inclined to go with once rank 1 is agreed upon, people argue their case why any game that isnt rank 1 deserves to be there. Otherwise, we immediately eliminate the other ranks. I doubt a game in rank 5 would overcome a game in rank 1.

Although i like the pairing idea, feels a bit more engaging and interesting in the long run
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 29th 2016, 1:34 am

Alisassy wrote:I doubt a game in rank 5 would overcome a game in rank 1.

It wouldn't. Nothing in a given rank will be overcome by a rank under it. Whatever ends up in Rank 1 is already established as GG's top 5 (or however many users there are playing) video games of all time. 

Basically to end up in Rank 1, a game needs to be someone's number 1 favorite.

people argue their case why any game that isnt rank 1 deserves to be there.

Deserves to be where? Rank 1? Impossible. Because anything in a Rank below 1 is no one's first favorite. And a given game in a given rank below 1, is only agreed to be in that rank by 1 person, and is liked the most by that person, but they already like another game more that's already in Rank 1. Because everyone's number 1 favorite gets into Rank 1. E.g. a game in Rank 2 is only one person's second favorite, and is in no one else's personal top 5. A game in Rank 3 is only one person's 3rd favorite, and no one else's top 5. So on and so forth.

This is because for the first phase when people are picking their personal top 5, they will only be making a list among the 5 games they picked to be featured in this game. They're not picking their top 5 among the 30 games on the list. 

For example, when I make my top 5 list, it has to be among the 5 games I submitted to Bosca. Because that's what I submitted. I can't pick my top 5 out of the 30 in the list. So there will be no overlapping 1st favorites. No overlapping 2nd favorites. No overlapping 3rd favorites, etc...

I also don't think this should be a debate thing, because that's too subjective. I rather it be a scoring thing, so each user has equal precedence. When it becomes a debate, that gives some people's views more precedence than others.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca May 30th 2016, 12:23 pm

I can see what you mean Melee, there are some people that just got that presence others don't. I think your way could works best. Is everyone happy to go with this?
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium May 30th 2016, 4:08 pm

To give this some clarity, if there are five users participating, Rank 1 is basically the Top 5 Games of Gamer's Generation.  Rank 2 are games in the Top 10. Rank 3 is top 15 etc... Or if there are six users participating then Rank 1 is the Top 6 games. So on and so forth.

That's probably what the ranks should be called instead of "Rank [insert number]". It should be called Top [number] games.

Afterall, why should a game be considered GG's top-end game if it's in no one's personal top 5 games? The idea of all of this is to treat Gamer's Generation and all of it's users as a single entity. Meaning it's a singular mesh of everyone's opinion. I think that's much better than debating which games go in the top. And like I said, no one is gonna debate for a game to be in the top, if it was never in their personal top 5 to begin with. 

With this system, all the games are automatically gonna end up where everyone wants them to be, to a given degree. The only thing a given user might want to debate is that their second favorite game should replace someone else's first favorite that's in the top, but I rather not take it there.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy May 31st 2016, 8:21 pm

That was my angle about a rank 2 game being better than a rank 1. Its a fair system, but i'd rather do the 1v1 as realistically, is anyone gonna change their picks for this ranking differently from their first submission?
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 1st 2016, 6:51 pm

Alisassy wrote:but i'd rather do the 1v1 as realistically

What is that? Also, does anyone else have any thoughts on how we should do this?
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 1st 2016, 8:04 pm

The idea bosca suggested. He randomises up a tourny bracket, and we pick which is the better game of the two choices. Eventually we wind up with the winner. It wont give us an overall ranking from 2nd onwards, as the game that lost to the overall winner in the first round could be considered the second best overall, but i think it'd be more interesting and forces everyone to at least think about each game in the whole list
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 4th 2016, 12:01 pm

Which are we doing then?

The ranking system is a good idea and it would be interesting to see if everyone choose the games they already nominated or went with other things in the list.

I don't like the tourney idea bc things get lost too quickly
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 4th 2016, 4:19 pm

I think it really comes down to one of two things. Do we want to do this for the sake of playing a forum game, or do we want to do this for the sake of Gamer's Generation having an official Top 30 Best Games? And perhaps put that on the front page?

Hurt/Heal and the Tourney style seem appropriate as a forum game, which would just be for fun. My rank idea isn't really a forum game. It's just a way for us to objectively establish GG's top 30 video games. Hurt/Heal and Tourney style might be fun on their own, but I don't see it as a good way to make an official top 30 of GG.

What is everyone more interested in doing? Or we could do both in separate threads. There's no reason why we can't use my idea to make an official list, but then play a forum game involving all our favorite games, just for the fun of it. Heck, a forum game can provide some extra notes to mention in a Top 30 post. E.g. "Tekken 4 is our number 5 game! It also got 3rd place in Gamer's Generation's Hurt/Heal forum game!" etc...
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 4th 2016, 8:00 pm

Doesn't look like enough people are interested anyways.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next