Gamers Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers Generation's All time best game?

+4
Alisassy
Delayne
CFW
Bosca
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by Andy June 4th 2016, 8:02 pm

We are, just stop all this fussing about and be decisive, whatever system is good, just get it started, I don't think our lives depend on which game comes out on top
Andy
Andy
Active

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Gamers Generation's All time best game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gamers Generation's All time best game?

Post by Andy June 4th 2016, 8:03 pm

You could even go for a weekly poll or something through surveymonkey or something idk
Andy
Andy
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 4th 2016, 8:10 pm

Fine, we'll go with Melee's idea.
Bosca
Bosca

Rep : 65

http://boscabat.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 4th 2016, 8:45 pm

Andy wrote:We are, just stop all this fussing about and be decisive, whatever system is good, just get it started, I don't think our lives depend on which game comes out on top

No one here is fussing.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Rep : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy June 4th 2016, 8:53 pm

*Looks at the load of back and forwarding ideas and pessimism about starting on the previous page*

......Sure!
Andy
Andy
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 4th 2016, 8:59 pm

Andy wrote:*Looks at the load of back and forwarding ideas and pessimism about starting on the previous page*

......Sure!

It's called throwing around ideas and seeing who's in favor of what idea. It was completely civil. There was no problem until you started complaining about it.

Also, please don't continue to talk about this. I'm telling you that as a moderator. The tangent ends here.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 4th 2016, 9:03 pm

Bosca wrote:Fine, we'll go with Melee's idea.

I wanted to make sure everyone was fine with this idea and wanted to given everyone a chance to voice their input. After all, I didn't start this thread.

If no one has anymore input, and if we're in a rush, then I guess we can get started. So everyone post the Top 5 games they submitted to Bosca. Order them from most favorite to least favorite and we'll go from there.

~~~~~~~~~~

My Top 5:

1) Dark Souls 3
2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3) Resistance 2
4) Ratchet: Deadlocked
5) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Purifico June 4th 2016, 9:42 pm

I'm down for this.
Via Purifico
Via Purifico
Staff

Rep : 53

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy June 4th 2016, 10:41 pm

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  2. Street Fighter II
  3. Soulcalibur II
  4. Tekken Tag Tournament
  5. Mario Kart: DD!!
Andy
Andy
Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 5th 2016, 3:38 pm

Sure Aries, since all we did was reveal the full list, I don't think it'll be a problem to add another person. 

I'm still thinking of my order atm.
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 5th 2016, 4:22 pm

Eurgh, now I have to come out as having the most masc games on the list.

My choices and order:

1. SSX3
2. Portal 2
3. WipEout Fusion
4. Gran Turismo 2
5. Skate 3

*goes back to straightening my hair and putting my foundation on*
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Rep : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Delayne June 5th 2016, 5:46 pm

I don't know what's happening.

1. Tekken 2
2. Super Smash Bros. 4
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. Diddy Kong Racing
5. Pokemon X/Y
Delayne
Delayne

Rep : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 5th 2016, 6:59 pm

Some of these number ones are interesting.  popcorn
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by CFW June 5th 2016, 8:20 pm

I really... wasn't planning on ranking my favorite games of all time like this.

1. Bomberman Hero
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Soulcalibur III
  4. Bully
  5. Remember Me
CFW
CFW
Admin

Rep : 99

https://gamersgeneration.forumotion.com/u3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 7th 2016, 3:36 pm

My list..finally settled on it.

1. Final Fantasy IX
2. Pokémon Gold/Silver
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. We Love Katamari
5. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

I honestly could've switched in and out so many games before, but this will do for variety sake.  study
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 7th 2016, 9:57 pm

Whoelse is left? Alisassy and テイ5?
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisassy June 8th 2016, 4:47 pm

Im not happy about this but im not happy with any arrangement of these games

1. Tekken DR
2. Last Of Us
3. Arkham City
4. Sims 2
5. Silent Hill 3
Alisassy
Alisassy
Staff

Rep : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 8th 2016, 9:50 pm

Alisassy wrote:Im not happy about this but im not happy with any arrangement of these games

It wasn't what I intended, but people weren't reacting and this was the best idea to get the ball rolling. phonedoc

Also, I think everyone hates their list. omglmao
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 8th 2016, 10:04 pm

Bosca wrote:
Alisassy wrote:Im not happy about this but im not happy with any arrangement of these games

Also, I think everyone hates their list. omglmao

I don't hate mine.  jocelyn
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosca June 8th 2016, 10:08 pm

fat

Ok Aries, whenever you can give yours we'll lay it out and begin properly.  wooparty
Bosca
Bosca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 10th 2016, 1:44 pm

I'm actually going to revisit Skate 3 while we wait
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 10th 2016, 5:23 pm

Aries, where you at?!  bounce
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 12th 2016, 3:14 pm

I PMed Aries to let him know we're getting started, so I guess we can give this a bit more time before we go to the next phase.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleenium June 14th 2016, 4:28 pm

Alright, I'ma just establish the ranks now. It looks like they'll come in sets of seven instead of five.

Top Games 1 through 7:

Bomberman Hero
Dark Souls 3
Final Fantasy IX
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
SSX3
Tekken 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Top Games 8 through 14:

Dark Cloud 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Last of Us
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Portal 2
Street Fighter II
Super Smash Bros. 4

Top Games 15 through 21:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Arkham City
Mario Kart Wii
Resistance 2
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III
WipEout Fusion

Top Games 22 through 28:

Bully
Diddy Kong Racing
Gran Turismo 2
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Sims 2
Tekken Tag Tournament
We Love Katamari

Top Games 28 through 35:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Pokemon X/Y
Remember Me
Silent Hill 3
Skate 3
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

It looks like we have a total of 35 games, making this Gamers Generation's Top 35 video games. We have the "ranks" of where each game should be, and within each set, the games are ordered alphabetically. The next step is to sort out which game goes where within its respective rank. i.e. which game is the best, worst, or middle of the Top 7, or top 8 through 14, and so on.

So what you all are going to do is personally sort each rank yourself based on your opinions of each game. i.e. you'll decide for yourself where each game should be within each rank. You will also leave out the game that you originally picked.

For example, when I sort the first set, I leave out Dark Souls 3. So my sorted set will look something like:

1. SSX3
2. Bomberman Hero
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
4. Tekken 2
5. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
6. Final Fantasy IX

Afterwords, everyone's collective consensus on each game will be sorted based on averaging. That's how the official list will be established. Note: The above sorted list of set 1 is merely an example, and each game is sorted randomly. It's not my personal rank of each game. 

Now at this point, you probably realize that you have to judge games that you've never played before. This is an unavoidable problem as each of us would have had to do that at some point no matter which system or forum game we would have went with, whether it was hurt/heal or an elimination tournament or something else. In which case, feel free to judge the game you never played, any way you deem fit. E.g. maybe there's multiple games in each set that you haven't played. Maybe one is an RPG and one is a racing game, and even if you haven't played either game, you know in your mind you hate racing games. So you go with the RPG. Or maybe you like both genres. But you look up gameplay footage of both, and you decide that the racing game interests you more. In other words, there's some work-arounds to this sort of situation. 

So everyone got that? Sort every set in one post as that will speed up the process. We don't need to do one set at a time. Also, feel free to make some suggestions as I'm open to them.
Meleenium
Meleenium

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagami-X June 17th 2016, 9:37 am

I think it would be more exciting if we started sorting with the lowest tier first and did it individually but everyone on here is slow as hell (myself especially).

As for games we haven't played, some games there is a reason personally against the game or some you never got around to. I wouldn't put something at the bottom just because I've never played it unless I've played all the other games in its tier and liked them.
Kagami-X
Kagami-X
Gameplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next